We meet again

3rd POV
"Are you sure it was Xiong Yi?" Ao Lie asked looking at his brother who was pacing the grounds. "It could've been a descendant that looks like him...they have the same last name." He suggested to which Sun Wukong sighed, sitting with his tail. "I don't know maybe...?" He said, unsure himself...

Why was he bothered by this? It could be just that, I mean descendants are known to look like their ancestors...sometimes it's an uncanny resemblance...

But why is he bothered? Why is he saying that's not the explanation?

Why...?

There has to be something going on

"I have this feeling this isn't it..." Wukong said, scrunching his face into his fist, Ao Lie looked at him in concern. "Do you think it's...reincarnation?" Ao Lie asked to which the monkey rubbed the back of his neck. "Maybe..." he spoke, after all, Zhu Bajie, Sha Wujing and Tang Sanzang have chosen to reincarnate into the next life...did Xiong Yi choose his next reincarnation? It could make sense as to why they look alike...unless that's just coincidence since they're a descendant. "Why don't you go and check, the family has a shrine dedicated to you, perhaps you can answer a prayer for them?" Ao Lie suggested with a smile, Sun Wukong chuckled. "Answering a prayer...you know I'm not like that..." Ao Lie chuckled at the response. "Maybe not...but just this once, perhaps it will calm your nerves!" He said, Wukong thought and smiled back at him. "You always knew when to lift us up huh?" Wukong said, patting his head, the latter replied with a purr.

Wukong didn't really know what to expect...frankly he really was hoping Ao Lie was lying...

But there it was, a whole-ass shrine dedicated to him.

When the hell did Xiong Yi's family make this?!
Wukong explored the place, looking at the statue that depicts him...

The god...so peaceful...

Unlike him...

...
...
...

He flinched as he heard footsteps coming from the stairs, quickly he hid in a form of a bug. There he saw the young scholar walking from the door, honestly why bother with the door? There's barely any walls...then again the place is on the side of a cliff. Wukong flinched when he noticed he never closed it, so the scholar looked at it with suspicion. "Is someone here?" Wukong didn't answer...either too frightened on what might happen or curious on how long he'll notice...

The young scholar looks around, unaware of the monkey disguised as a bug, he sighed. "Excuse me!" He yelled, did he assume he was a passerby? A child? What was the purpose?

He watched as the scholar walked over to the statue of him, placing his satchel filled with notes beside him as he knelt down to pray...Wukong looked curiously...

Then heard voices...

'Dispel evil from our homes'

'Protect the innocent and keep the peace'