Chapter 5 - Compromise

Somewhere in London

The American operators carefully navigate their way throughout the suburban area of Londons. They thanked the gods as most of the Anthros reside in their homes.

Hearing the loud siren at the distance and hearing the announcement of a martial law.

Corporal Davis held out his hand as he and his time came into an abrupt stop. Noticing a car passed them. Once the coast was clear, they proceeded.

"Dima. What's your status?" Davis asked through the radio.

They, a gruff Russian voice, entered his eardrums.

<<This is Dima. Alive and well. My team managed to distract the law enforcement at this time. Headquarters from Kremlin notified us that VDV just landed on the countryside of England.>>

Davis raised an eyebrow in confusion but shook it off. Focusing his attention on his current mission.

"Solid copy, Dima. Out." Coporal Davis ended the intercom as he moved with his men following closely behind.

They moved swiftly and silently at every street, intersection, and sidewalks. So far, they haven't encountered a single soul along the way.

Minutes have passed. They finally arrived at their target building, which is a four stories house. Moving through the alleyway and stacking behind the back door of the building.

Davis nods to Smoker, who nods back. The former Navy Seal operator positions himself at the door before he knelt at the door knob and began to lock picking the hole.

A few seconds have passed, with a resounding click. The door slightly opens. Smoker rose up with weapon at hand, aiming at the door.

One of Davis's men, Barry. Slowly opened the door while aiming his sidearm. As the door fully opened, they filed in the room.

The room seems to be a laundry of sorts for the residents of this building. Slowly with care, Davis opened the door, leading to the hallway carefully.

One by one. They moved silently towards upstairs while they occasionally trained their modified tranquilizers to their surroundings, in alert for any potential threats. Upon reaching the third floor. All of them slowly moved towards the designated door with a number at the frame.

"25." Davis mumbled as he took a glance towards the digital pad attached to his arm. Looking at the Intel, the Vympel Operators provided to them during their diversion at the police station.

Using his free hand and giving signals to his team. As they stacked on the door. The man with a codename, Lima. Slowly brought out a snake cam, kneeling as he slowly slid the tip of the camera underneath the door and activated it. He used his other hand to grab the controller with a camera display attached. He carefully guides the tip around the room. He makes sure the occupants of the room are unaware of their presence.

Lima slowly retrieved his gadget and gave Davis a simple nod of confirmation, and stacked up behind Barry.

"Smoker, lock pick the door." Coporal Davis ordered.

"Affirm."

Smoker immediately went to action as he did his thing at the door. It took them a minute as the door opened.

Carefully moving inside one after the other. They scan the room with their weapons. After the surroundings were completely secure. Davis slowly walked towards the bedroom with pistol at hand. Slowly peering his head and noticed the sleeping figure at the bed, with its tail lazily hanging beside the bed.

"Stay here." He mumbled to his men as he entered the room.

Davis gazed around the room. The walls were nearly ripped off due to its ages. He slowly moved towards the bed and watched the snoring face of the Sapient Maned Wolf.

"Doctor Rhodes." Davis whispered, hoping the past self of the transformed human was still within.

He gently shaked the sleeping Sapient, who began to stir into awake with a grunt.

The Maned wolf's eyes slowly opened his eyes. Upon seeing the man in front of him in tactical gear. Doctor Rhodes was about to scream in panic, but a gloved hand covered his maw.

"Shhh. We're not here to hurt you." Davis whispered softly. His hand grabbed a photo from his pocket and presented it to the Maned Wolf, "This is you. You are Doctor Rhodes, and this is your colleagues." He added, silently praying that Doctor Rhodes' memories would flood back.

The wolf's eyes widened before clutching his head in pain with a painful grunt.

Davis pulled away with a smile, It's effective. He thought to himself.

After the pain subsided to Doctor Rhodes. He took a couple of deep breaths to calm himself before gazing to his paws, confusion lingered to his face. He then gazed back towards the American operator.

"W-What happened?" Doctor Rhodes asked.

"It's been several years, Doctor. The world, as we know it. Collapsed due to the virus. Only the United States and Russia remain." Coporal Davis explained softly. He knelt beside the wolf before removing his gas mask, revealing his bearded face. "Doctor. Where is the cure?" He asked.

Doctor Rhodes thought for a moment, trying to recall any of his memories prior to his transformation, "I don't quite... remember. My mind is all fuzzy at this moment." He mumbled with a groan as he rubbed his forehead.

"That's okay, Doctor." Davis mumbled as he stood up, "For now. We have to get you out of here first." He mumbled as he offered his hand.

Doctor Rhodes gazed at the gloved hand before reluctantly accepting the soldier's hand and rose from the confines of his bed.

Davis smiled before grabbing a coat from a hanger beside him, "Here." He said as he tossed the coat.

Rhodes quickly catch the coat with a smile before he wore it. Grabbing his pants and pulling up to his waist. Making sure he was fully clothed before turning his head to Davis with a nod.

Davis turned his back and walked out of the room with Rhodes following. His men curiously glanced at the wolf before nodding in confirmation.

"Yankee to Vympel. We've got the package." Davis radioed.

It took a couple of seconds before the Russian operator, Dima, responded.

<<Copy, Yankee. Meet us at the rally point.>>

"Roger. We're moving out."

_____________

Meanwhile

After receiving a call from a concerned citizen near the suburban area.

Sam and Klaus were currently heading towards the scene.

The German Shepherd sighed in exhaustion before resting his head against the headrest of his seat, "For a few hours, things are getting worse and worse. Earlier, our station was nearly set on fire with countless unconscious officers, riddled with tranquillizers." Klaus said, his German accent lingering at the corner of his voice.

Sam chuckled as he focused his attention on the road, "Yeah. Now, the government just declared martial law throughout the entire country." He stated his concerns at todays events.

"Hmm." Klaus hummed with a sigh. Then, at the corner of his eyes, he noticed multiple figures as they neared towards their destination. This scene also catches Sam's attention.

Sam put pressure towards the brake as the police cruiser came into a halt. He gazed towards the other canine with a knowing look.

Klaus nodded as he grabbed his stun gun from his holster before exiting the vehicle, with Sam in tow.

To be continued...