Chapter 4 - Dog tag Part 2

Earlier that time

EPD (European Police Department), United Kingdom

Many police officers are currently busy with their own objectives, moving in or out of the station. Two fresh recruit officers wandered the station with their bio at Paw.

Stevens, a young Artic fox, and Wallace, a young cheetah. Both walked side by side. They've known each other since they were close friends and brothers in arms at the EPD Training Academy. With little to no experience about the current state of this station.

"Do you think they would accept us?" Stevens asked as he flipped the page of his bio, reading it and making sure every detail about himself was written.

Wallace nodded, confident that their interview would be a piece of cake, "Yes. Don't be nervous about it. All you have to remember is answer them why you chose this station? And so on," the feline said as he glanced at the nervous fox, "Just like what we practised, right?"

"Right." Stevens answered with a small nod.

As they continued their march to the Captain's office, along the way, both of them came upon a portrait of a certain ruler of England of the past era.

"She's beautiful, ain't she?" Wallace asked his friend softly while Stevens hummed, agreeing with the feline.

"I do wonder what happened to the humans?" Stevens asked.

Wallace shook his head, unsure of what will be the answer would be and why the previous rulers of this world had gone in an instant while leaving their technologies completely intact, "That's one in a  million answer. Most sources are not credible to human history." Wallace replied.

Stevens nodded in agreement as both of them continued their journey to the office. Until all of sudden, there was a blackout.

Both of them heard the panicked exclamation and gasps, either from the entire building. But, thanks to their excellent visions, they can still catch a glimpse of their surroundings even in the dark.

"Wallace. Do you have your phone?" Stevens asked as he put down the bio of his gently on the floor as he began to search throughout his pocket, looking for his phone.

"Yeah. I've got it." Wallace responded as he grabbed the phone from his chest pocket before powering it up and putting on the flashlight, illuminating the hallway.

Soon after, Stevens also got his phone's flashlight turned on, guiding the light to their surroundings.

"I don't think this is not just a normal blackout." Wallace wondered out loud, with suspension lingered to his voice.

"I can tell." Stevens admitted.

Before a Lynx in police uniform came at the end of the hallway as the duo pointed the flashlights at the feline, who were blinded temporarily.

"Geez. Don't point that at me!" The male Lynx in question, exclaimed. The duo immediately moved their flashlight.

The Lynx in question mouthed them a "Thank you." Before proceeding to ask them, "You guys are all right?"

Stevens nodded while Wallace answered, "Yes, we are good. Do you know what's going on?"

The Lynx shrugged, "Beats me. But I heard screams at the next corridor, so I would check it out." He replied.

Stevens and Wallace look at each other, confusion engulfed the trio, "Is there something wrong?" The Lynx asked, concerned.

"We didn't hear any screams or anything unusual." Stevens answered.