Chapter 30

" I'm just peachy " I said sarcastically.

" Amelia " Emily said seriously.

" Well honestly? Not the greatest. I mean my supposed boyfriend kind of got a bit aggressive and then he killed himself. So not that good " I answered a bit snarky.

" Amelia... " Emily asked a little bit hurt.

" You're right. I'm sorry. " I said and took a hold of her hands.

" I shouldn't lash out at you. " I said.

" It's okay. I understand " She said and leaned up to kiss me. I quickly moved away and put my hand over my lips. Once again Emily looked hurt.

" You don't want me to kiss you? " She asked.

" Not here Emily " I snared.

" My mother and father is inside the house "

" Yeah? So what? "

" They don't know. "

" Okay? So just tell them? "

" Just tell them? You want me to die? " I asked a bit dramatically.

" Die? "

" Yeah. They would send me away to a camp that would completely rewire my brain and 'i' would be dead  and I would never be allowed to see you again "

" They would do that? "

" Yeah " I said and nodded.

" My father was the one who helped send Katherine away last year "

" She was sent to a camp? "

" Yeah... I thought you knew? "

" No. I thought it was just rumours "

" No it's real " I said and rubbed my neck, this conversation was really uncomfortable.

" Basically everyone knew that " I said nervously.

" I didn't. "

" Was Katherine and you close? " She asked carefully.

" Yeah she was kinda my second best friend " I answered.

" Second best friend? Who was the first? " She asked.

" ohh we are not getting into that. " I said and laughed.

" Why? " she continued and stepped closer to me.

" its something I would rather forget about " I answered back. In my head I was thinking about her. My ex best friend, whom I loved dearly. But whom seemed to not love me enough to stay with me through my tough times.

Emily leaned against the railing beside me and grasped my hand. I thought about pulling away but holding hands wouldn't be that bad right? I mean friends could do that.

" I wanted to ask you something. I actually have wanted to ask this for a while now. " Emily started.

" What? " I asked and laughed.

" It's probably not the best time now. With everything that has happened. I should probably wait. Forget it " She said.

" No, it's okay! Tell me! " I pressed on. Emily sighed and grasped my hand harder.

" Do you wanna be my girlfriend? "

/// Not edited ///