☾-Time for Retribution-☽

Forcibly molted? Exiled? (Y/n) didn't know what that meant but what she did know was that this man, Dan Feng, was being punished for something. For what? Of course she didn't know. The majestic horns on top of his head and long pointed ears gave her the hint that Dan Feng was a Vidyadhara. What could he have possibly done to earn punishment?

"I won't... comply so easily." Though a fire burned in Dan Feng's eyes, his voice was shaky, as if he were unsure of wanting to resist against the Cloud Knights and his old friend. His struggling had ceased and his head now hung low. Jing Yuan frowned at the Vidyadhara, but shook his head as he released a sigh.

"Where is the victim?" At this the (h/c) lady's eyes widened when she heard 'victim.' Was Dan Feng... a murderer?

"He... he..." Dan Feng struggled to give a clear answer. His body began to shake, almost like he was about to break down into tears. The Vidyadhara let out a long exhale, the shaking stopping. Defeat. "I... I don't know where he went," he answered truthfully. "I... I don't know what came over me. He was... he was right there in front of me... bleeding out, dying. How could I let him die...? I had to save him... so... so you can take me away. Banish me from the Xianzhou; I accept this fate."

Closing his eyes, Jing Yuan nodded.

"Very well then. Take him to the Shackling Prison and prepare him for molting. I will be there—"

"Jing Yuan!" (Y/n) grabbed onto the white haired man's arm and made him face her. Surprised by this, the general's expression softened upon setting eyes on the lady. Oh how he wished she didn't have to witness this. He truly felt guilty for allowing her to get involved with a criminal case. It was his fault for not catching Dan Feng sooner.

"I must apologise for all of this. Please allow for the Cloud Knights to escort you back home and for me to make it up to you later." She shook her head and took another glance at the defeated and guilty Dan Feng before making up her mind. Although she didn't know the full story of what Dan Feng had done to earn him the title of 'traitor to the Xianzhou,' she did gather that all he wanted to do was save a friend.

"Jing Yuan," she said. His eyes were still fixated on her, his attention all on her for the time being. "I... I don't think Dan Feng should be punished like this for saving his friend." Her words came out slowly, testing the waters to see if the general would react horribly to this or lash out. Her statement, of course, shocked Dan Feng, the Cloud Knights, Yuhua, and Jing Yuan. "I don't know the whole story but... he just wanted to save his friend, right?"

Closing his eyes briefly, the white haired general let out a sigh and gently placed his hands atop (Y/n's) shoulders. When his golden eyes met hers, he had an apologetic look on his face.

"(Y/n)... Dan Feng gave immortality to his... friend. It is a grave sin and to commit such a thing on the Xianzhou Alliance, it is punishable by banishment or death, and in the case of the Vidyadhara, molting. Understand that... there is nothing that can be done." The young lady shook her head at this, clearly not happy with the sound of that.

"Treated as a criminal for simply wanting to save his friend from dying? So... so what if immortality was involved? I-I get that we Xianzhou natives despise the blessing—or rather curse of Abundance, but... but he—"

"(Y/n)," he said her name firmly. "This isn't up for debate. Anything having to do with immortality is the greatest sin anyone on the Xianzhou could commit. Dan Feng meddled with the forbidden so he must pay the price for it."

"Molting for the Vidyadhara is like rebirthing, correct? They forever reincarnate in an endless cycle," she asked, though answered her own question unintentionally. "He'll lose his memories and with that, forget about his friend... If he's exiled from the Xianzhou he'll never be able to see his friend again! I... I would like to propose that... that for Dan Feng's punishment, he will become my bodyguard." As she declared an alternative for the Vidyadhara, (Y/n's) voice became quieter so that only Jing Yuan could hear what she was saying.