☾-Reconciliation-☽

Letting out a sigh as he comfortably settled into his chair, finally back in his office, Jing Yuan let out a long relieved sigh. The papers on his desk were taunting him, but at this hour he didn't feel like touching them at all until the next day.

Evening had fallen and all the general wanted to do was return back home and see if (Y/n) was okay. Of course the only thing stopping him from leaving the Seat was the reports he still needed to fill out regarding Dan Feng and Yuhua's detainments. That paired with the fact that the Ten-Lords Commission had already sent in a very strongly worded letter regarding the change in Dan Feng's punishment was enough to make Jing Yuan want to call it for the day and deal with the paperwork tomorrow. However, there was still a report he was waiting for and amidst the craziness of what had happened throughout the day, Fu Xuan's report almost slipped from his mind.

Just as the reminder had crossed the general's mind, a Cloud Knight entered through the large doors of the Seat of Divine Foresight, garnering the attention of said man.

"General Jing Yuan," the knight quickly rushed up to the man's desk holding a securely bound folder in his hands. "Master Diviner Fu sent these."

"Many thanks," Jing Yuan thanked the knight with a kind smile. As the Cloud Knight left, the white haired man let out a sigh and gently placed the folder on his desk. Although every part of him wanted to peer into the folder and take in the information Fu Xuan had found about the five mythical treasures, he was too tired to do so now. What occupied his mind was thoughts of (Y/n) and how she must be faring. All alone at his house with no one to watch over her and make sure she was safe.

At that, Jing Yuan shot up in his seat and glanced out the large window behind him only to see that the starry night sky had replaced the once setting sunset. Pursing his lips, he grabbed the folder he had just set down and made haste to leave his office. Even though no one except Yanqing knew that (Y/n) was living with him for the time being, he still couldn't help but to worry about the possibility of an attacker suddenly ambushing her... along with the fact that he just didn't want to be away from her for too long.

"Good night, general," Cloud Knights said to him as he walked out of his office. Bidding them farewell, Jing Yuan rushed out to a star skiff, telling the pilot to make a beeline to his house.

********

When he approached the gates to his home, Jing Yuan wasn't expecting to see a lonely figure sitting on his front porch. With her head resting on the palm of her hand, (Y/n) was staring up at the stars with a distant look in her eyes. Upon noticing the presence of the general, she snapped out from her daydreaming trance and readjusted her gaze to be on the man. The first thing she noticed about him was the folder he was tightly grasping onto.

"What's that?" she questioned, jutting her chin out slightly to motion towards the folder. Holding the item up, Jing Yuan chuckled.

"Just some reports I need to finish up." (Y/n) suppressed a laugh at this.

"You? Bringing work to do at home? I never thought I'd hear that coming from you."

"Well, I was worried about you so I left my office earlier than I should've. I took this with me to work on at home so that I could keep you company," he explained while walking towards her. "Why are you sitting outside?"

Shrugging, the lady stood up and stretched her limbs, letting the silence linger a bit before giving her answer.

"I didn't realise until I arrived here that I had no keys to get inside. You never told me of or gave me any spares so I decided to wait out here until you arrived back. Didn't expect to see you back so soon though," she mumbled out the last part while avoiding his gaze. An unknowing smile crept onto Jing Yuan's face as he fished his house keys out from his pockets and unlocked his front door. Following behind him, the lady made sure the door was shut and locked.