☾-We Meet Again-☽

Four weeks had passed and in that time, Dan Feng's reincarnation process had been sped up to the max to ensure that he could get straight to work in carrying out his altered punishment, as per General Jing Yuan's request. From a small infant Vidyadhara, the incarnation of the Xianzhou's traitor rapidly grew back into a man and was rushed from Scalegorge Waterscape to the Shackling Prison.

As Dan Heng was being led into a star skiff that would lead him to the designated destination, the black haired man's thoughts and mind were a complete jumbled mess. Everything that was happening to him was confusing and he couldn't quite get a grasp on what was going on due to everyone around him rushing him from here to there and there to here. All he wanted to do was get a sense of what was occurring and then his mind could finally be at ease.

Inside the star skiff, Dan Heng tried to process what was happening. During the rebirth process it had been rough for him as everything was hazy and fuzzy and still, he didn't have his senses back. It was only when Dan Heng was taken out of the star skiff and escorted by Cloud Knights on the long walk to the Shackling Prison did he finally start remembering why he was here.

His previous incarnation, Dan Feng, had committed the greatest crime on the Xianzhou and due to that, Dan Heng was carrying out his punishment. Curses, Dan Feng! Now, Dan Heng had to deal with the consequences of what the previous High Elder Vidyadhara had done.

As the man apathetically walked with Cloud Knights by his side, he suddenly remembered the interaction he'd had with Jing Yuan before the general had left him to be molted. He recalled the name "(Y/n)" and wondered why Dan Feng had asked the general about her. Rather, what Dan Feng was going to ask about her. Who is (Y/n)? Why did Dan Feng know her name? The only logical conclusion Dan Heng could come to was that somehow, in some way, Dan Feng and (Y/n) knew each other. What other reason could there be to his previous reincarnation's inquiry about her?

When they had finally arrived inside the Shackling Prison, Dan Heng was thrust forward towards the familiar figure of the Luofu's general. With his hands gracefully clasped behind his back, Jing Yuan silently looked over the dark haired man before him before gesturing to the knights to lower their spears. Obeying his command, the Cloud Knights lowered their weapons yet still stood at attention, carefully watching over the criminal to make sure he would not attempt anything.

"Reincarnation of Dan Feng..." said Jing Yuan, waiting for the man to introduce himself.

"Dan... Heng..." he slowly responded. Nodding in satisfaction, Jing Yuan walked forward, beckoning for Cloud Knights to take Dan Heng and follow him. At once, Dan Heng's arms were secured by two knights on either side to continue escorting him.

"I will explain the details of your punishment at the Seat of Divine Foresight," spoke the general. "For now, all you must know is that you are to be Lady (Y/n's) bodyguard." There was her name again. Dan Heng racked his brain for anything that would help him understand why his previous incarnation asked about her, but nothing came up. His memories of his past life had been wiped save for a few things such as the crime he'd committed and the question he tried asking the general. Other than that, he could not remember anything about (Y/n). Only that it was all thanks to her that his punishment was altered.

Upon arriving at the Seat, Jing Yuan led the knights and Dan Heng inside where sitting at the top of the steps behind a messy desk was a young woman with (h/c) hair, staring idly into space. The large doors of the Seat opening immediately alerted her that someone had entered and when she saw the white haired general enter with her new bodyguard trailing behind, her face lit up as she rushed down to greet them.

"Jing Yuan!" A smile was on her face as the general reciprocated her greeting with a smile of his own. Dan Heng could only silently watch, not knowing what exactly to think. At first he tried to avoid looking at her, but when she silently waved at him, his attention was brought to her and shock waves of surprise spread throughout his body. (Y/n) gave him a warm smile to welcome him to the Seat of Divine Foresight. In that moment, however, Dan Heng was brought to the past. A hazy memory from Dan Feng's life flashed before him. Her smile and the sound of her laughter.