Sleep Well

(Kaminari's POV)

It was a long trip, but I made it back home. Kyouka said she stayed home from work today because she wanted to see me when I got back.

My injuries weren't too bad. I had to get some stitches, but I was okay. The doctor told me not to use my quirk and avoid any extraneous activity for a while. They don't want my heart racing if I can help it.

When I finally got back, Kyouka was there to greet me at the door. I was holding my bag, but I dropped it so I could hug her.

She jumped into my arms, but she was being gentle, like she didn't want to hurt me. Still, I held her tight.

"You're home." She says, her ear pressed against my chest.

I chuckle, "Did you miss me? I know I missed you."

She nods, "I missed my love."

We hug for a good minute before she asks me to explain what happened.

We sit down on the couch to talk. I told her everything, and I could tell she was imagining all of it as I said it.

"That drug didn't do any permanent damage to your body?" She asks.

"The doctors didn't say anything." I shrug, "I have to go in for a check-up in about a month, though."

She looks at me worriedly, "Does it hurt? Right now?"

"A little. But I'm okay, really." I say, running my fingers through her hair.

She puts her hand on mine, holding it now.

"I know we're heroes and everything, and this is what we do," She says, "But I get worried."

She was looking down, so I lean forward to see her face. She was crying.

"Kyo..."

"I have no problem risking my own life to save people, but when I think about you doing the same thing, I get scared." She sniffs, "Like when you leave on these missions, how do I know you'll come back?"

I pull her closer, wrapping my arms around her.

"Kyo, I get scared, too." I say, stroking her hair, "Like when you almost drowned. I was worried after that. I know you're gonna be in some dangerous situations, but I know you'll be okay in the end."

She was still crying softly with her face buried in my shirt.

"If I'm fighting for my life, I'm fighting for you." I kiss her head.

She squeezes me tight, "Promise me you'll always come home."

"I'll always come home. Even if it takes years, I'll always come back home."

She looks up at me, and I wipe her tears, "I can't lose you, Denki."

"You'll always have me, Kyo. I promise you I'm not going anywhere."

She hugs me tight again.

"I love you." She whispers.

I kiss both of her cheeks and then her lips.

"I love you, Kyouka. I always will."

I didn't want to leave her side for the rest of the day.

My body hurt if I tried to stretch my arm too far or stuff like that, so Kyouka helped me throughout the day.

She helped me wash my hair in the sink, since I can't get my stitches wet just yet.

She helped me out a lot today. I don't know what I'd do without her.

We made dinner and watched some shows before going to bed. Even in bed, we talked into the night.

"I went and booked a wedding dress while you were gone. The 1A girls helped me with it."

"Really? Wow...I can't wait to see you in that dress."

"Speaking of which, we need to get planning."

"Oh yeah. We'll get started with that."

We squeezed super close in bed. She laid on me and I made sure to give her plenty of cuddles and kisses.

"It was lonely sleeping without you." She says.

I laugh softly, "I felt like I was missing something too."

She snuggles into my chest, "You're just so warm and cuddly..."

She trails off, probably falling asleep.

I gently wrap my arms around her waist. She's like my warm little teddy bear. So cute.

I fell asleep shortly after she did.

That night, I had a very detailed dream about our wedding. She looked so beautiful and I was extremely happy. At some point, the dream fast-forwarded and we had a kid together. It felt so real. In this dream, our kid seemed about three or four years old. They had Kyouka's purple hair, but my lightning bolt hair streak too. We were a happy family.

I woke up in the middle of the night and the dream ended. It felt like I had a glimpse into the future. I still had my arms around Kyouka and she was still sleeping soundly. Before I fell back to sleep, I told myself that everything I dreamed of is within reach. Our future will be whatever we make it to be.

Holding her in my arms, I could feel and hear her breathing. I feel so lucky. So loved. It's amazing.

The next morning, I ended up waking up before Kyouka. I remembered how I felt after that dream and I felt like I had to pay back everything she's done for me, so I decided to get up early and make breakfast for us.

I tried to be quiet in the kitchen because I wanted her to be surprised. I made us some pancakes and sliced some fruit. That was all I had time for before she woke up.

She came out of our room, rubbing her eyes, "Denki..? What are you doing?"

"Ta-da! I made us breakfast!"

"Wow...thank you." She smiles, "You're so thoughtful."

I walk over to give her a hug, "Did you sleep well?"

"Mhm." She nods, "I slept like a baby."

I chuckle, "It felt like you were my baby when I was holding you like that."

"What about you? Did you sleep alright?"

"I did. It was really nice sleeping with you again."

She pulls me down to give me a quick kiss.

"I love you." She says.

I smile, "I love you too, Kyo. Now come on, let's eat. The food's getting cold."

Seems like she was feeling a lot better today. I'm glad. I don't like seeing her upset like that.

Words aren't always enough for her. I have to show her I mean what I say.

I'll protect her and love her with all my heart.

She deserves nothing but the best after all.