Teamwork

(Jirou's POV)

I walked into work for an early morning briefing. Shindo and I sat around a table, listening to Gang Orca.

We were going on another big mission today.

Gang Orca explained that a large villain has been executing concentrated attacks on certain areas of the nearby cities. Police have been studying the patterns in these attacks, and they predicted where he's going next. Our job is to be there when he shows up and sneak up on him to stop and hopefully catch him.

We'll be working with another hero agency who will meet us at the location. In total, we have six heroes working on this mission.

The villain has a quirk that allows him to grow into a huge, strong beast-like creature. Gang Orca said the heroes chosen for this mission all have quirks that are either long-range or powerful enough to match up with him.

When we showed up to the location, we all spread out in pairs around the area. We had earpieces to be able to communicate with each other.

I was with Shindo. Gang Orca went solo.

"My team is in position." I hear Gang Orca over the earpiece.

"We're almost in position." A female voice says, "Cellophane, Chargebolt. Did you two make it?"

Cellophane and Chargebolt?

Sero and Denki? They're here?

"We're here!" It was Sero.

"I had to take the stairs because someone didn't wanna help me out." That was Denki's voice.

"Sorry, man."

"Alright, you two, let's focus." Now I recognized this voice. It was Mt. Lady.

"Grand," Gang Orca says, "Be careful with your quirk around Earphone Jack. Make sure you communicate with each other."

We had quirk training a few days ago. I was sparring Shindo when he used his quirk while my earphone jacks were plugged into the ground. My ears bled, and they were ringing for a while after that.

"Yes, sir." Shindo responds.

I thought it was cool Denki and I were working on a mission together, but I had to stay focused.

All of a sudden, the ground began to rumble. It wasn't Shindo's quirk. We look over and spot the villain. He was taller than the buildings in the area.

Mt. Lady uses her quirk to confront the villain. This was part of the plan. She would be the main fighter but also served as a distraction. We were way smaller than the two of them, so it would be hard for him to spot us.

Our positioning was just a little farther than we estimated. Too far for Shindo to use his quirk effectively like we planned.

"Cellophane! Get Grand close to the villain's feet! Charge, you stick with Earphone Jack!" Gang Orca orders us.

"On my way!" Sero says.

We see him swinging over with Denki to where we were. He drops him off and grabs Shindo.

"Grand! Hold on tight!"

"Wha- AHH!"

They go swinging off towards the villain.

"Come on! We gotta get closer, too!" Denki says.

"Don't get too close, though! You gotta remember all of the large debri flying around."

We run towards the action. Sero was able to tape up the villain a bit while Shindo used his quirk to make the villain fall into the ground.

Mt. Lady had an advantage now. The villain was struggling to get out of the hole. Now's the opening we were waiting for.