Reason

(Jirou's POV)

I told the girls about my job situation, and Momo insisted they could take me in right away. Her and Tokage took over Majestic's agency a few years after he was killed in battle. The agency still uses his name in his honor.

"Are you sure? You don't have to do this for me, Momo."

"It's fine, Jirou! We've been in dire need of some more help." She said, "You'll fit right in."

And that was that. No interview or anything. I start with them next Monday.

Momo and Tokage are the heads of the agency, but there are about ten heroes under the agency all together.

The Gang Orca agency completely disappeared. Gang Orca also went off the radar. It had me worried, but he had talked about retiring for a while. I just didn't think it would come so soon.

The Majestic agency is a bit farther from home; about ten extra minutes by train. Momo said they can work around my schedule, so I'll still be able to take care of Kaiya when I need to. I'm super grateful for this opportunity, so I'll make sure to do my best with them.

Anyways, Denki's at work today, and I'm home with Kaiya. The weather was nice today, so I wanted to take her to the park. Kaiya likes the swings, but she can't really play on the play structure yet. I like to bring a mat for us to sit on the grass with. Some sunlight would be nice right now.

____________

"Kai-kai! Look here! Say cheese!"

Kaiya kept squinting her eyes, I think it was too bright out for her, so I gave her my sunglasses. They were definitely too big for her face, but she still looked cute. I had to take some pictures to send to Denki.

I had Kaiya on my lap. We were sitting on a bench facing the play structure. On the next bench over was an older gentleman. He was watching a little boy run around on the playground. I'm guessing that boy was his grandson.

Kaiya was laughing and smiling a lot, and for most people, baby laughs are super contagious. The man would smile in our direction every now and then until he finally said something.

"Is that your sister?" He asks.

I chuckle, "Oh, this is my daughter."

"Daughter? You look so young for a mother. How old is she?"

"She just turned one not too long ago."

"How precious."

The little boy comes running over, "Ojiisan! Did you see me go down the slide?"

"Oh, I missed it, I'm sorry. Go do it again, I'll watch."

The boy runs back to the playground to go down the slide.

"Wow! You're so fast!" The man exclaims.

"That's your grandson?" I ask.

He nods proudly, "He is. My daughter and her husband work all day, so I look after him while they're gone."

"He's very energetic." I smile, "He reminds me of my husband's little brother."

The man smiles to himself before turning back to us, "Is she your first child?"

I nod, "She's our first, and maybe our last, but who knows."

He laughs, "That's what my wife and I said after our first. Ended up having three of them, though."

Kaiya was falling asleep in my arms. I let her lean against me and sleep.

"Does it get easier?" I ask him.