Chapter VIII

Fuegoleon noticed that Edris was smiling and seemed like she was not mad at him "Are you alright? why are you staring at me?" she asked, before taking a bite of her food "Lady Edris, I just want to apologize for what happened earlier" she tilted her head "It's fine, there are so many things to do than paying attention with personal matters" He was surprised with her answer but he nodded and smiled a little.

Adela walked towards her "Lady Edris" her head was down "Adela" Fuegoleon sense the heaviness of the atmosphere but then Edris smiled again "That's fine, do whatever you want as long as it won't affect your duty to me" Edris stood and left, Adela wiped her tears and Fuegoleon stood to follow Edris.

They reached outside and he was surprised when Edris put up her hood, he saw the diamond marking at the back of her cape "No" she looked at him and on her cheeks there were diamond markings "Yes?" she smiled, she turned around to face him completely then he approached her "Why? You're from Diamond Kingdom!?" she chuckles softly "Not me but my ancestors" he stares at her still can't believe what he was seeing "Your face...it has Diamond markings" she smiled "I discovered it last night" she spread her arms and twirled around while laughing and looking up to the sky "Isn't it amazing!? were just living in a big playground!" she laughed and looked at him "Still, no one can stop me from looking for that devil!" her face became serious and she turned around again "Where are you going? Adela says your mom's conditions are getting worse!" she sided her face "I know and I will save her" She opened her cape widely, and ran but she fell to the ground.

Fuegoleon immediately ran towards her but she turned around, her other hand was on her stomach and she raised her other hand while staring at the sky "Why?" her vision was slowly blurring "Why is my body... feeling so weak?" she lost her consciousness.

Fuegoleon brought her inside "Her fever was high! we have to call some medical enforcement" Adela nodded, he noticed that she's still devastated by how Edris reacted earlier "Adela" she looked up on him "Don't be bothered too much about it" she feels better a little and nodded, they both look on Edris.

AFTER FEW DAYS

She woke up, she stood and looked outside her window only to see Fuegoleon and Adela smiling at each other and it seemed like having a good time, she sighed and closed the window.

Adela dropped the towels she was holding when she saw that Edris wasn't on her bed "Lady Edris!?" she shouted, she looked around the room "Oy" she gasped and looked behind her only to see her Lady fully naked and wiping her hair with a towel, Adela blushed intensely and turned around covering her face with her hands "L-Lady Edris! I-I thought you went out!" her voice was trembling and Edris narrowed her eyes and approached Adela "Oy are you alright?" Adela shrieks but clears her throat "Y-yes M-my Lady!" Edris went to her closet and gathered something to wear.

She wore her black sleeveless top and her black shorts "How long did I fall asleep?" she asked without taking away her eyes at the book "Uhm Four days, My Lady" she nodded "And how was Fue- erm mother?" Adela smiles  a little and knows that Edris wants to know about Fuegoleon "Still the same My lady, Lord Fuegoleon keeps coming here while you're asleep and after his duty as a Magic knight Captain he always comes here"  Edris smiled a little and nodded "I see" Adela tried to looked on her face but she stood and faced her "Do you feel that?" Adela squint her eyes "What is it my Lady?" Edris smiled and looked out.

Adela covered her face when the window got broken and a group of assassins attacked them again, she immediately used her wind magic and  opened her grimoire Edris left the room and went to her mom.

She saw three people there, a man with the same cape as what she has "Hi there!" She raised the temperature of the room, the assassins let out their grimoires and one of them used steel magic, she immediately melted the rod that he threw to her "Bastards!" she ran towards them and their eyes widened because her fist was wrapped  with steel armor that was blazing in fire, she punched one of them in the face he screams then she grabbed the other one and dunked him on the floor then she used her magic to create flaming chains.

"Speak up bitches" she tied them outside and sat while her legs are wide open, she's holding the other end of the chain, the other three Assassins was being held by Adela using her wind magic "My Lady I already called some magic knight and Captain Nozel arrived" Edris nodded at their servant "Edris-" he gasped seeing the two, she smiled sweetly at him "Can I torture them  little longer?" he gasped and looked away "No!" she squint her eyes "Fine, you can't have them" she turn away "Edris, Don't be so hard headed" he tried to held the chain but he got burned so he let go, Edris smirks.

Edris got stunned when Fuegoleon suddenly held the chain using his flaming hand, she did not even noticed his arrival "Edris let me handle them" she nodded and looked up at him, he was too close at her "I was the first one who came here" Nozel frowned "It's not the matter of who is first! we should work together to resolve this" Nozel frowned and approached him "That's not the point. Why are you here? that's my question" Fuegoleon faced him, Edris felt their mana and took a deep breath "Can you two shut up?" she held the back of their necks "Hey!" Nozel complains but she raised her eyebrow at him and he immediately shut up while Fuegoleon was still stunned but did not dare to move.

"Confess now or I'll kill you" Edris threatened the assassins, now the three of them are seating well she forced the two to sat beside her "I can't believe this! that's not how you do it!" Nozel scowls, she looked at him "Shut up, you're not the one who's talking with them" Nozel hissed,  Fuegoleon shook his head feeling embarrassed that a lady could make him sat forcedly "My Lady! my lady!" Adela came rushing towards her "What!?" Edris stood while her eyes are widened "The two! they able to escaped! one of them uses spatial magic!" She squints her eyes "Out of my sight" Adela bit her lower lips, Fuegoleon feel bad for Adela "I'm sure she don't mean it" Edris glared at him "Fine whatever" she approached the assassins "Speak up or I'll kill your wife and daughter" the other assassin gasped and Fuegoleon and Nozel stood "Edris!" they both exclaimed.

"P-please! I'll speak! I'll speak just Don't hurt them!" she smiled menacingly "Go on" the other one tried to move but she tightened the grip on the chain, Fuegoleon felt her Ki "Edris! stop it!" Nozel said, Fuegoleon noticed the way that Nozel trying to stop the assassin "The devil it was Dolion-" Suddenly the Assassins exploded! his blood splatters to Edris face, she managed to have few moments on his memory and her eyes became Vermilion, her mana got stronger "My Lady!" Adela tried to approached her but the she backed away "No, Edris please control yourself!" Nozel shouted, they can't approached her because of her magic but then....

She gasped "Edris" Fuegoleon did his best, he managed to hugged her "Edris wake up. Don't let your magic consume you" his calm voice made her calm down, Nozel stared at them "No, I shall kill him...." he shook his head "I understand. I understand you want to do that but, there's right time for it. Don't rush things or you will end up hurting yourself too" she suddenly felt sting on her eyes but she shook her head and smiled a little "You're right" her voice is low still trying to hold herself, she almost fell on her knees but Fuegoleon managed to hold her.

She brought them inside and like before she faced them still the blood of the assassins are on her face "They exploded because someone was trying to stop them to speak" Nozel said "But he managed to tell me who it is" the listen well to her "Dolion" Nozel nodded "The same Devil that was on the book that I lend to you" she stare at Nozel "What else do you know?" Fuegoleon looked at Nozel "What else Wizard King Julius told you?" she added "Nothing else aside from what's inside the book" Nozel said, Fuegoleon frown in confusion "What book?" he asked, Edris took a deep breath.