Chapter XVII

Mereoleona got up but she gasped when a huge fire ball flew towards her, she looked up and saw Edris glaring at her wearing armor and had Phoenix's wings, she jumped towards her and attacked Edris with her magic but then, Edris was so fast and was able to teleport behind her "How dare to trick me!" she tried to hit Mereoleona with her arm but Mereoleona able to dodge it and kick her back and sent her flying down.

Fuegoleon watched the whole thing but he stepped in when he noticed that none of the two were willing to stop, he hugged Edris and she was surprised "Edris please stop! that's enough. This whole training was to train your patience, remember?" Edris' eyes widened and when her mana came down the lava melted away so he immediately draped her cloak on her to cover her body, Mereoleona walked towards them "Those blows you let out were solid and strong" she handed Edris her grimoire, Edris rolled her eyes and took it "I was trained both physically and using magic" Mereoleona smirks, Fuegoleon looked on Edris wrist, the two were surprised when her burns immediately healed, she smiled at them as she remembered what happened earlier.

FLASHBACK

The moment she fell to the lava, phoenix immediately went out and wrapped her with her wings "Lady Edris you must accept me as part of you so that I can let you use my magic" Edris opened her eyes "Anything Phoenix" With that Phoenix merge with her.

FLASHBACK ENDS

"So in other words, your spirit guardian saved you" Edris nodded "She did and now I can use her magic" Her grimoire glows and opened, new pages were added and spells of Phoenix's magic written on it, Fuegoleon smiled "Just like what happened to me when I almost got killed" She looked over to Fuegoleon, Mereoleona took a deep breath "It's the time when the Eye of the Midnight Sun threw a rampage, Fuegoleon was the first on who got deeply injured and fell into coma" Mereoleona explained, Edris forwned "I wasn't at Clover Kingdom that time but I heard that some knights got possessed by Elves, correct?" Fuegoleon nodded "Yes" she looked on his missing arm "And that's where you lost it?" he sighed and looked down for the first time he felt insecure about his arm, he got scared that Edris might laugh at him, he stared at her before nodding slowly.

Despite the hotness of the volcano steams around them Fuegoleon felt the sudden coldness as he looked on her, every seconds feels like eternity "I-it was a surprise attack-" he was surprised when she suddenly hugged him "You Don't have to explain yourself" Edris caressed his back "I'm sorry for asking. But, I want you to know that it doesn't make you look weak" He hugged her back, Mereoleona looked away and held her waist but she smiled.

They left the volcano, Edris was standing on Phoenix back "Edris!" She looked over Mereoleona "Let's head to the Crimson Lion King's headquarters" she nodded.

When they arrived Randall saluted to them "Lady Edris, you know Randall, right? Fuegoleon's Vice Captain" she nodded, Randall smiled at her "His magic attribute is Air, I want you to train with him" She nodded, Randall walked close to her "It's an honor to train you, Lady Edris" she smiled "It's my honor too" Fuegoleon took a deep breath "Your training with him will going to start tomorrow, since right now I know you already exhausted your magic so take a rest, okay" she nodded "Okay thank you" Mereoleona patted her shoulder and starts walking away.

Edris went back to her castle now that she's alone she felt all the tiredness from the training, the frustrating silent of her place added heavy feelings on her heart "What is this all about?" she asked herself, she sighed "My Lady?" she looked behind her and saw Adela, she smiled at Edris "Oh why are you still awake?" Adela walked towards her "Well, I can't sleep because you're not yet home. After the incident with Madeline I can't help but to get worried everytime you're not around" he tone was soft and genuine and Edris did not missed that so she pat her shoulder "Take a rest now and sorry for making you worried" Adela looked up at her and smiled a little "Thank you, My Lady" she nodded and Adela started walking back to her room.

Meanwhile, Fuegoleon can't sleep either he was soaking himself at the bath "What more she can do?" He felt intrigued with Edris'even more after seeing how strong she is he knows that she did not used too much magic and power during her fight with Mereoleona so he was thinking how much more she can do.

After that, he fixed himself to the bed and an idea came out to his head and he smiled.

The next day, Yami received a mission from the Wizard King since Edris was the newest on his squad, he decided to give it to her "I'm coming with her" he said, his squad members agree.

He went to Edris home, she already awake and preparing to go at Crimson Lion's Headquarters "Lady Edris" she stood and looked behind her "Captain" she salutes to Yami which surprised him a little but he smiled eventually "Well, we have a mission" she nodded "I need you to come with me since you're the newest at the squad" she smiled and felt excited but she remained calm "When will we going to do the mission?" Yami took a deep breath "Since you're at training with Lady Mereoleona whe should tell it to her" Edris nodded.

Mereoleona arrived "Speaking of, since you're here why don't you come with us?" Yami gasped a little and turned around "What do you mean?" he furrowed his eyebrows "You know, as her Captain you should be there during her training to see her improvements" He laughed "Oh I'm sorry but I have so much to do-" Mereoleona uses her lion claw to grab Yami's head "Not taking no as answer" she said, Edris chuckled as Yami protest.

When they arrived at Crimson Lion Headquarters Yami scoffed "Now I was being held as hostage" Edris chuckled "Come on, Don't be like that!" he just shook his head and walked towards the training area "Captain Yami" they saw Fuegoleon walking towards them "Lady Edris" he smiled softly as he mentioned Edris'name, which made Yami to almost rolled his eyes "Really? in front of me?" Fuegoleon laughed "What's wrong? I just smiled at her" Yami scoffed.

They stood at the side as Randall and Edris stood in the middle of the training area "I won't hold back, Lady Edris" Randall said, she smiled "Me either" With that they started.

Edris shielded herself using her arms as Randall used strong air to attack her, she looked on him and still trying to stand on her ground as strong air blowing on her "Come on Lady Edris show us what you can" Randall smirks at him.

Edris grinned "You asked for it" With that he grimoire opened "Fire magic: Igniting air" Randall's eyes widened as he saw how the fire mixed up with his own magic causing to spread the fire everywhere, he was forced to stop his magic and as Edris thought she's winning she was surprised feeling Fuegoleon's mana, he attacked her from the right but she managed to defend herself but her eyes widened "A surprised attack?" Fuegoleon smiled at her as their faces were close to each other.

"Just to remind you, during the battle you Don't know who will attack you" he said, Edris jumped away from him and he continued attacking her "Oh" she got hit by his magic on her right foot causing her to get stumbled, but she jumps and use and explosive attack to him, her eyes widened when she saw Yami shielded her attack for Fuegoleon.

She landed a little distance from them, the corner of her lips raised as Yami uses his mana and the whole place starts to shake, the other knight felt intimidated by it, Fuegoleon stood and increased his mana too causing fire to surround him, they tried to intimidate her but she remained unfazed "In the battlefield you will never know whom you going to face, Lady Edris" she took a deep breath "So, this is the power of a magic knight Captains" she said to herself, Yami attacked her using his Dark slash but then she managed to dodge it and as she jumps she tumblings and kicked Fuegoleon on the chest using her two feet, he groaned but Yami did not waste anytime he attacked her but she managed to grabbed his katana's handle, he gasped and she smiled at him before jumping away again "Either way...." she said, they all gasped feeling her strong mana "I'll win" she grinned and on her eyes they saw the Edris they used to know.

The whole Crimson Lion King felt her mana while some little stall from the outside got destroyed and the whole place became hot as she stood in front of the two, Mereoleona knows it will be a trouble if she will let Edris use the magic "I think that's enough" Yami frowned, he bad want to see how strong Edris is but somehow he understood that Mereoleona doesn't want to get their headquarter destroyed.