Teaser

Loud stomping and footsteps echo through the hallway of a large storage facility near the west part of the city. Heavy breathings and occasional gasps can be heard in the distance followed by grunts and growls from what's chasing the group.

Later on, a man shouted to alert the group of what was at the end of the facility. The nervousness they feel now was twice, no, thrice greater than what they felt when the rots chased them wildly.

"It's a dead end!"

Fear almost succumbed them but a woman, tall, proud, beautiful but fierce stood in the middle. She held her newly collected sword from a rubble of a home. Raised it in the air and pointed to the group of rots.

"Then we fight til the end."

They gave each other a nod before holding their weapons tightly in their hands. As the rots come closer and closer, their heart beats drums wildly, too. Their grip became tighter as the rotting smell of the monsters came closer each second and when they were ready to give their first blow, an explosion right almost in front of them threw them to the ground, knocking the others unconscious, bloody, but the rot was gone.

The leader was the only one almost conscious, lying flat on the ground, her eyes were blurry but she could still make up the sight in front of her. In the smoke, a silhouette of a person is walking towards them. When the person got closer, she was able to see that it was a woman, from her blurry sight, the woman kneeled down and checked her pulse. She was wearing a full military gas mask and a scarf on her neck.

"You can sleep now. I'll take it from here."

And she did.