4

[ This story is plotted and requested by dedicated person. She's being a YouTuber herself, wanted a simple yet "Without cliffhanger", story between a viewer and YouTuber. I hope I can do justice with it. Enjoy :) ]

Snippet from Taehyung's Diary

To future me,

I know I haven't given you updates for the past few months, and for that, I'm sorry. It's not because things have been going great, quite the opposite. I've reached a point where I've almost given up on our dream, the dream of becoming an idol. These past few months have felt like hell.

Despite working nearly 20 hours a day, I couldn't make it through any of the auditions. They told me I have no interesting element to captivate the audience. Funny enough!!.

I've seen others, boys who've made it through during these very months. I can't say I'm jealous, but I do feel a sense of disappointment for myself.

But you know what they say, life goes on. I haven't completely given up. I still occasionally release our music on YouTube, and our followers have gone from 100 to 3700. It might not be much, but it's something.

I also made a difficult choice and left home. Dad wanted me to either join his business or leave, and we both know how stubborn we can be. Right now, I'm juggling two jobs. One is a full-time gig at a grocery store, and the other is a part-time singer at a bar. I even play the saxophone and piano sometimes.

I hope you won't regret the decision I've made. I'm doing my best to keep our dream alive, even if it means taking a different path for a while.

hmm, what else should I update you on? Right..

One of the reasons I'm writing to you after all this time is something I discovered recently. It happened one evening when I finished my shift at the grocery store and headed to the bar. It was a quiet night with only a few people, and the regular piano player was absent. So, the stage was all mine.

I started playing some CAS' songs, like "Sweet." It's been stuck in my head lately. Since there weren't many people around, it seemed like nobody was really paying attention. However, I soon switched to my songs, starting with "Sweet Night." To my surprise, a few heads turned in my direction. It was a feeling I hadn't experienced in a while, and I relished it. I guess they must have heard this song before; it did go viral on YouTube for a while.

As I scanned the crowd, my eyes landed on a girl sitting at a nearly empty table. She wasn't just humming along; she was fully engrossed in the music. It was an incredible feeling to know that someone out there appreciated my music.

It was like a dream come true. I took my eyes off her, and as the song reached its end, I heard a few claps coming to my direction. It gave me an unexpected boost of confidence, and I started playing more of my songs. I had never had such an audience before.

What truly amazed me, though, was that girl at the lonely table. She sang along to every single one of my songs, and I mean ALL of them. Even "Scenery," which is the least-viewed song on our channel. She sang along to that one too. I was both happy and bewildered by her presence. I couldn't help but wonder who she was and how she knew my music so well.

But then, as I began my last song, I instinctively glanced in her direction again, hoping to catch her enjoying the music. To my surprise, she was no longer there. I let my gaze wander throughout the entire bar, searching for any sign of her, but she seemed to have vanished into thin air. I don't know why, but a sense of emptiness washed over me. Nevertheless, I continued with my song, giving it my all.

As I finished my performance and bowed to the audience, a waiter approached me with a tissue paper in hand. "Someone left this for you, Taehyung," he said.