3

Snippet from Y/n's Diary

Today, I couldn't wait to get back home. I was running late, and the only thing on my mind was the cozy comfort of my own place. I was damn exhausted. It was seven in the evening as I glanced at my watch.

But then, right in the middle of the rush, I stop dead in my tracks. Why? Because there you were, standing across the street, talking on the phone, with the most captivating smile on your face.

My whole body reacted - I felt shivers, and my stomach was filled with butterflies. It's funny, even after three years of being together, you still have this amazing effect on me.

I found myself just standing there, unable to look away from you. All thoughts of going back home disappeared. I wasn't tired anymore because, I realised, you were the warmth and comfort I craved.

You looked absolutely stunning, and your smile was like a ray of sunshine. Without even realizing it, a single tear rolled down my cheek. Why on earth am I so captivated by a man who's about to tie the knot?

I know it was my choice to leave, but now, as I watch you smile, possibly with your soon-to-be wife, I can't help but wonder why you haven't came back to take me home, just one last time. Why you can't wait for me even for two months, when you promised to wait for an eternity. Why ... just why did you choose someone else over me?

I wonder, did you regretted your time with me?

.

Yet, it's time for me to hurry back
Isn't it too late now?