Prologue

"Ma'am one of our pilots just resigned. We're already short staffed. Halos mauubos na po ang mga pilot natin." My secretary informed me as I massaged my head. This is making my head hurt. I think all my hair now is turning gray na.

"Well, we have no more choices. Book an appointment with the CEO of SOA. I'm going to talk to him." I said as she nodded and went out of my office. I leaned on my swiveling chair and closed my eyes.

"Ma'am the appointment is set. Sa Friday po 3:30 PM." She informed as I nodded. Well, I guess that's quite good.

"Hey there Summer my very dearest friend." Ameline walked into my office. She just came home from France.

"Where is the collection I was telling you to get?" I asked her as she smiled and gave me a box.

"There. It was quite hard to get that pero keri naman." She said as I laughed and put the box in my bag.

"Do you have plans tomorrow?" She asked as I shaked my head to say no.

"Oh, let's go shopping." She excitedly said as I sighed.

"Sure. I also need to cool my head off, ang daming pilots ang nagre resign." I frustratedly said as she smirked.

"Why not contact your ex? He's a pilot right? A very skilled one." She grinned at me as I rolled my eyes.

"Crazy. Do you really think gusto ko pang makita yung asshole na yon?" I said and rolled my eyes.

"Right. Pero bakit kaya hindi siya nag apply ng work dito sa airline niyo? Alam naman niya na ikaw yung CEO diba?" Ameline curiously said.

"Oh my God, Ameline. He should be mahiya, after he broke my heart like that he's going to work here in my airline?! His face is so makapal naman." I exclaimed as she laughed.

"Oo nga no, tsaka baka pumunta sa SOA, yun pa naman ang pinakamalaking airline dito sa Philippines." She said as I frowned. Well, there's a possibility. Maganda naman kase credentials niya.

"Well there's a big possibility because he has a friend na pinsan yung CEO sa SOA." I said as she smirked.

"Alam na alam ah." She grinned as I rolled my eyes. Paano pang hindi ko malalaman? I have been with that guy within the most important events of my life.

"My God, Ameline. We've been together for six whole years. I know everything about him. He was my first of everything." I irritatedly said as she just continued giving me that teasing smile.

Her forehead creased while looking at her phone so I got curious.

"What's wrong?" I asked as she sighed.

"My sister just texted me. Pinapasundo niya si Ray." She said referring to her other sister na 15 years old.

"Why? What happened to your driver?" I asked as she sighed.

"Well, naka day off daw kaya naman walang susundo sakaniya ngayon." She said as I nodded.

"You're leaving na already?" I asked as she shaked her head in disapproval.

"No, sasama ka sakin. I didn't bring my car. I took a taxi para pumunta dito." She said as I sighed and stood up.

"Kayleen, I'm going home na. Just send me the things I need to do sa email ko. I'll do them mamayang gabi." I informed my secretary as she nodded.

"Do we really need to go in?" I asked as she rolled her eyes.

"Yes. Diko siya matawagan yung babaeng yon talaga." She said as we were roaming around the campus to find Ray's classroom. I saw someone familiar so I let Ameline go ahead.

"I will just wait for you diyan oh." I pointed at the bench. She looked at me weirdly but nodded afterwards. I approached the girl earlier.

"Felize?" I asked as she looked at me in shock.

"Ate Summer!" She exclaimed and ran to hug me. I hugged her back.

"How are you na, baby?" I asked as she smiled at me.

"I'm good Ate." She replied as I ruffled her hair.

"You look so maganda and grown up na ha? Are you fine na?" I asked as she smiled.

"Yes po. A month after nung nag break kayo ni Kuya dinala nila ako sa America para sa pagpapagamot ko. Fortunately, it succeeded." She said as I smiled. She has a weak heart so it made me glad that she's already fully healed now. 

"That's good kung ganoon. You look so different now. I thought kanina hindi ikaw yung na see ko." I said as she laughed.

"It's been 7 years since we last saw each other Ate. It also took me seconds to recognize you. Mas lalo kang gumanda." She complimented as I chuckled.

"You look so pretty din. You look very mature na. How is your little brother already?" I asked as she smiled.

"Ayon po makulit pa rin hanggang ngayon." She replied as I laughed. I saw a familiar figure approaching so I stood up.

"See you around, Felize." I smiled and left even before he could see me. I don't want to have any interactions with him. Sakto namang nakita ko na si Ameline na pinapagalitan si Ray.

"Kung bakit ba kase minu mute mo yang phone mo? Alam mo namang wala yung driver mo tapos hindi ka matawagan. Nako naman Ray!" She frustratedly said as I just sighed.

"Enough with that tara na." I said as they both followed me to my car.

"Bat ka nagmamadali?" Tanong ni Ameline. I just shrugged.

"I saw Felize kanina. Susunduin na niya si Felize kanina so I left even before he could see me." I said as she sighed.

"Hanggang kailan mo tatakbuhan yang ex mo, Summer? Nako ka naman beh, he wants to explain pero ayaw mong kausapin. It's been 3 years na iniiwasan mo siya." She said as I just sighed.

"You can't blame me. He lied to me once there's no doubt he'll do it again. Tsaka alam mo namang hindi ganoon ganoon nalang na mababalik yung trust ko once na it's broken na." I said as she sighed.

"Well bahala ka." She replied.

"So, what does the CEO of Arceus Airlines want to do with me?" Kier asked as I scoffed.

"My best pilots resigned. I need some. Can you lend me some of yours?" I asked as he laughed.

"Sure. I will send you the profiles of the pilots that I will send tonight. I'll be sure to pick the best ones." He said as I smiled.

"Thank you so much Kier." I said and left his office. I was busy typing on my phone because I was instructing Kayleen to just send my paper works. Ayoko nang bumalik sa office ko gagawin ko nalang sa bahay yung mga yon.

I bumped into someone and I immediately inhaled his familiar scent. I immediately went towards the other direction and fastened my pace but he had long legs of course he could keep up, stupid Summer.

He pulled my hand and dragged me to the restroom and locked it. He picked me up and sat me near the sink.

"Val baby, you've been avoiding me this past three years. Do you hate me that much huh?" He was caging me in his arms as he was sitting in between my legs.

"Yes, I hate you that much." I said as he laughed.

"Too bad, this captain loves so damn much that he wouldn't hesitate to kidnap you if you keep on ignoring him."