Chapter 29

Chapter 29

"What happened? Your eyes look so puffy." Jaiden said as I smiled.

"Can you drive me to our house?" I asked as he tilted his head.

"I don't know what's going on but sure let's go." He said and escorted me to his car.

"Summer? What's wrong, baby?" Mommy asked as I just gave her a little smile.

"Where's Daddy?" I asked as she smiled back.

"Sa library anak." She answered as I nodded and immediately went up to the library.

"Summer, you're here. I need the summary-" He stopped when he saw my eyes.

"What's wrong?" He asked as I looked at him.

"Is it true?" I asked as his brows furrowed.

"What is?" He curiously asked.

"Is it true that you paid Felix?" I asked tears falling down my eyes.

"Oh. Yes, that was true." He said and I looked at him hurt. My emotions were mixed up now, hindi ko na alam ang gagawin ko.

"And here I was hating him so much!" I exclaimed as he tilted his head.

"Look what became of you now, Summer. That mistake of yours made you stronger! You were better off without him." He said as I laughed sarcastically.

"You went through those lengths just to fucking protect your beliefs?!" I asked still in disbelief.

"Yes! I went through those lengths, Summer. I believed that you are better off without that man and look you really are better off without him." He said as I gasped.

"Fuck it, Dad! I hated someone for one fucking lie, you took advantage of his weakness! It's not the fact that I was upset because he broke up with me but the mere fact that you took advantage of him while he was at the lowest point of his life is already too much." I said tears running down my face.

"I had no choice. I know I can't break you apart so I had to take advantage of him." He said.

"Dad naman eh! He was stuck in the middle. Sinamantala mo yung fact na may sakit si Felize at yung kailangan na kailangan nila ng pera. Are you even a human? Because that act of yours wasn't humane at all." I uttered as he looked at me. His eyes were full of guilt.

"I admit that I regret doing that but I couldn't help but think about the fact that you are associating with someone in a different society, Summer. I'm sorry for doing that but it was a rash decision. My father and every generation believed in that belief so I thought I had to continue it. I never knew that you will eventually associate with one. I'm sorry if I hurt the both of you, I never really knew what to do before since this has never happened in the past generations. I hope you'll forgive me." He apologized, tears running down his face.

Blood is thicker than water. There's no point in keeping anger from a family member. If they already admitted what they did was wrong then dapat hindi na ako magtanim ng sama ng loob.

I hugged him as we cried together. Now, all that's left is Felix. I still don't know what to do since his words before really had a big impact on me. I already know the truth but those words are still hurting me whenever I think of it.

"What's your plan with Felix?" Jaiden asked while eating some dried mangoes in front of me.

"Why are you even here?" Inis na tanong ko as he shrugged.

"It's my day off." He said as I sighed. This bitch.

"Wala, nandito na siya sa airline and I am going to go and visit them later." I said as he nodded.

"I'm going now." He said as I shrugged and nodded.

"Where's captain Romero?" I asked one of the pilots as he smiled at me.

"Nasa loob po ng aircraft." He informed as I tilted my head.

"Why?" I asked.

"Ah, chinecheck niya lang daw po." He said as I nodded, he's an aeronautical engineer after all so okay.

I entered the aircraft and I immediately entered the cockpit. He looked over me as I waved my hand.

"Oh, Summer." He said as I smiled and walked towards him.

"So, are the aircrafts suitable for your liking?" I asked as he looked at me and chuckled.

"Why won't it be?" He asked as I shrugged.

"Well, is it comfortable for you?" I asked as he nodded.

"So, I have a question." He said and held both of my hand and pulled me closer to him.

"Hm?" I hummed as he tucked my hair in my ears. Why do people like doing these to me?

"Can I court you again?" He said looking at me sincerely as I laughed.

"Being such a gentleman huh?" I teased as he pouted.

"Syempre naman. Dipa ako sure pag gusto mo akong kunin pabalik eh." He said pouting as I laughed, cutie.

"What if I'm willing to take you back?" I asked as he smiled.

"Then I would be glad, baby." He said and ruffled my hair.

"Well, you should court me first. I agree to that. That was just a what if anyway." I said as he laughed and nodded.

"Surely, diba sabi ko sayo maghihintay ako kahit ilang taon pa yan? Syempre paninindigan ko." He proudly said as I rolled my eyes.

"The question is..." I trailed as he looked at me curiously.

"Are you willing to meet my Dad again?" I asked as he nodded.

"Of course. For you, I will." He said and I hugged him.

Maybe it's time for me to forget about the past. I'm not going to get any younger, life is already short and I would want to spend it with the people I truly love and he's one of those. Sometimes in life we tend to make sacrifices for something much more important, people tend to make mistakes because of the love for their family. People are made by God but that doesn't mean we are perfect and cannot be flawed.

Everyone in this world makes mistakes, not just one but multiple mistakes at least in their lifetime. The thing is, the only way that you can atone for your mistake is to learn from it and remind yourself not to do it again. We can't turn back time so the least thing we can do is to learn from it.

Loving him made me realize a lot of things, he made me someone as I am now. He made me achieve the freedom I wanted. Siya lang at wala ng iba.

My Captain Felix Angelo Romero.