Chapter 25: The Final Feast

The final feast filled the Great Hall with a joyous atmosphere unlike any other. The tables were adorned with a lavish spread of food, and a sense of relief pervaded the air as the conflicts of the year were finally resolved. Earlier that day, Toni had joined Harry and Ron to share the details of their respective journeys. They spoke of Ginny's possession by Voldemort, the defeat of the Basilisk, and the closing of the Chamber of Secrets. Toni found herself amused by Harry's account of freeing Dobby, especially the part where Lucius Malfoy was knocked over by the power of a house-elf.

However, Toni carefully withheld certain aspects of her own experiences. She chose not to divulge the true face behind the attack or the connection to Voldemort. Instead, she mentioned that her grandfather had hired wizards to take her away, but Theodore had come to her rescue. Surprisingly, Harry and Ron had shown kindness to Theodore when they encountered him, and he reciprocated their goodwill. The peculiarity of this situation lingered in Toni's mind, but there were more pressing matters to discuss.

Toni and Theodore had agreed to maintain their friendship, finding solace in each other's company as they shared their secrets, ones that most others should never know. But they couldn't help but discuss Draco as well. Theodore had informed Toni that Draco was furious with him, but he had advised Draco to return the ring to her, claiming he never wanted it back in the first place. However, the ring had not been returned. Despite this unresolved issue, there were still other thoughts weighing on Toni's mind.

Her attention was momentarily diverted as she eagerly scanned the Great Hall doors, awaiting Hermione's arrival. She knew it had to be today, the last day, as many others had already been cured. The absence of Hermione had dampened the celebration of winning the House Cup. Ron nudged Toni, breaking her reverie.

"You have to stop staring so much," Ron teased.

"I can't help it! I want to see her!" Toni exclaimed, her excitement palpable.

"Maybe Madam Pomfrey will let you wait at the hospital wing," Neville suggested, his words sparking an idea within Toni.

"Great idea, Neville!" she exclaimed, jumping up from her chair and hurrying towards the doors. Harry sighed and exchanged a glance with Neville.

"Really? She could have just waited with the rest of us. I'm sure she'll show up soon enough," Harry remarked.

Almost as if on cue, the doors swung open, revealing Hermione standing there. Toni froze in the aisle, their eyes locking, and then they broke into wide grins as they raced towards each other, embracing tightly. The Gryffindor table erupted in cheers and applause at the sight of Hermione's return. Toni held Hermione's hand and hurried down to reunite with Harry and Ron, who were patiently waiting.

"You did it!" Hermione exclaimed, beaming at Harry.

"We all did," Harry replied with a smile. Toni's grin widened.

"I didn't do much, but I had a bit of an adventure of my own, I suppose," she responded, her smile tinged with a hint of mystery.

"Do I even want to ask?" Hermione chuckled.

"I wouldn't recommend it," Ron interjected, causing everyone to burst into laughter, relieved to have their dear friend back by their side, their bond stronger than ever before.

That final night proved to be one of the most memorable and cherished evenings for Toni throughout the entire year. She sat with her friends, laughing and joking, savoring the treats Percy had brought back from Hogsmeade. Gryffindor House seemed to buzz with excitement and contentment, rejoicing in the safety and well-being of Ginny, Hermione, and Colin. Even Nearly Headless Nick paid them a visit, adding to the joyful atmosphere. It was the perfect way to conclude their time at Hogwarts.