4

Another day.
Another tiring day.

I don't wanna wake up anymore. Im tired. I want to give up. Disappear and be at peace.

She walks silently to the bathroom facing the mirror. Facing herself.
Her small, round face. Big black eyes. Thin upper lip and plump lower one. A tiny nose and cheeks around it. Brows which are rounded at the ends and a small forehead, her face held a child's innocence to the core.

She hated the way she looked.

"The Iyers carry intensity. There is no place for the naive. There is no place for you!"

Shutting her eyes tightly at the harsh words of her mother she continued to bathe, making sure her wheat skin glows. After all she has a magazine interview today.
Choosing a white Louis Vuitton powersuit, she applied makeup to cover her bare face. Straightening her waist length brown hair she let it down and chose black plumps to go with her outfit.
A Hermes bag completed her look.
She is all ready to slay.

Taking a deep breath she walks down the doorway towards the room where the interview is going to be held.
Her heart paces against her chest wildly. Her palms feel sweaty.
No, not because of the interview. She did nothing more than sit and smile for family photos.
Her mother. She is to meet her mother after nearly a month.

"Tasha!" A cheery yell from the other end of the corridor made Natasha smile in an instant.
Akshara her best friend has come forward to support her.
"Akshu!" She opens her arms wide and engulfs her best friend in a tight hug.
"Aww, look at you slaying in this outfit! You are not called a fashion icon for nothing .." Akshara inspects her best friend's clothing and styling senses in awe.

"Look, the she devil is here !" Akshu syas in a not so soft whisper.
Natasha's mothers walks towards the girls who clutch each other's arms tightly.
"It'll be alright .." Akshu kept whispering to herself and to the girl besides her.
Both shake visibly as the woman wearing white formal suit approaches them.

Her cold eyes show no love standing in front of her only daughter. Her red painted lips form a straight line as she looks straight into her daughter's eyes.
"You still can't stop shaking... Pathetic!" Her whispers fill terror within Natasha.

Pathetic.
Pathetic.
Useless.
Not an Iyer.
My mother hates me.

"I love you. I need you Tasha..." Akshu's big eyes look into Natasha's terrified ones.
Natasha blinks. Once. Twice. Thrice.
She looks around for any eyes prying on them.
Falling into Akshu's arms she heaves a sigh of relief. No one saw her.
Forcing a smile she walks into the room her mother entered earlier.

The white room had three chairs placed, two of them facing the camera straight while another next to it which faced the camera side ways.
Her mother is seated on one of the white chairs surrounded by hair stylists and make up artists touching her appearance up while she calmly glances at the scrip which contained the questions.

Natasha's heel clanks against the floor drawing the attention towards her.
"Oh, your here!" The director welcomes Natasha who walks to her seat with a smile.
That powerful walk she took two years to master. That sway in her hips while she walked which masked her nervousness.
The swing of her arms which concealed the shaking due to fear.
And her face which covered her anxiety. Her flawless make up, attire is complemented by all.
A trained smile occupied her lips as she thanks them all.

Her eyes look just as dull as her mother's. She worked hard to achieve that expression. Or did it always occupy her face when her mother's around.

"Then shall we start, mam..." The plump interviewee asks, handing the scrip to the manager behind her.
"Right away." Her mother smiles which never reaches her eyes and begins to answer.
Natasha knew what she had to do. Glance at her mother, nod, smile and look at the camera. She had to doll up and show the world the face of the future heir to Iyer Technology.