Chapter 10: Last Injection Special

June 15th 2024:Dread and excitement were like two factions fighting over Adelaide's mind

June 15th 2024:
Dread and excitement were like two factions fighting over Adelaide's mind. She was excited that this was to be her last injection and also dreading the fact that tomorrow is when Miguel returns to Corpus Christi. The couple heads off to receive the final injection and Adelaide asks Miguel to let her discuss something private with her father for a second, he agrees and waits outside as Adelaide enters. Her parents are quite content that their daughter is happy with herself, however they notice the worried expression on her face. She explains that Miguel will be returning to Corpus Christi soon and she doesn't want to be separate from him. She then asks for a second injection today, a curve growth one as she wants to be extra curvy for Miguel. Dr. Horowitz goes on about how there is a solution to all this, that she could move in with Miguel, though he's unsure on how that'll go. Adelaide doesn't dislike the idea and tells her father thank you as she opens the door for Miguel, telling him that she'll be receiving two injections as it's her last day for them. They both go in and Adelaide feels the serum enter her bloodstream for the last time, she hopes this will make her Miguel's perfect woman. The two leave and Miguel proposes a big date with just the two of them since he's going to be leaving soon. Adelaide loves this idea, asking where they should go, Miguel let's her pick. Big decisions to be made for sure, Adelaide decides on " The Macross" an established restaurant in town. They return to the apartment to prepare for their big date, Miguel worries about being enough for Adelaide and feels bad about leaving her. He truly cares for Adelaide and wishes they lived together, alas he must return tomorrow to aid his father, politics are a fickle mistress. After their preparations are finished they arrive, get seated and look through the menus, an awkward silence fills the air. The two don't know what to say, they can't formulate a good conclusion to this little stay. Dinner comes and goes and they return home, sleeping together physically but their minds, miles apart.