Chapter 2: The Meeting

The following afternoon, the meeting was held. All the princesses arrived with their families, waiting outside the door to be called in. All the queens plus their significant others were in a group. Some were chatting nervously, talking about yesterday's events and what's gonna happen in today's meeting, while some were sitting on their own. 

     Their kids were in an entirely different group, also talking amongst themselves about yesterday's events and what's gonna happen in today's meeting. 

     Finn waited eagerly for the meeting to start as they talked to their friends. Their mind was racing with more thoughts and unanswered questions. It had been a while since there had been an all alliance meeting before, with all the princesses. Even then, the meetings weren't that interesting. Just over someone's birthday or something. This was the first interesting alliance meeting of their life!

     "Did you guys hear about the magic weakening yesterday?" Ray asked

     "Yeah." Cynthia and Arrow agreed.

     "What do you guys think is happening to it?"

     "I don't know... maybe we might find out in today's meeting...? Although I'm not even sure they'll let us be in it..." Cynthia responded.

    "Of course they'll let us in!" Finn said as they nudged Cynthia lightly. "They have to, there's no way they can keep us out. You guys also have magic powers, we have to be involved."

     "I don't know Finn, I-" She looked over to see Ellie intently doing something on her tracker pad while muttering under her breath.

     "What are you doing?" She asked, trying to get a peek.

     She turned her head sharply. "It's none of your business."

     "Ok..." She turned away. Immediately after she did, pink locks grabbed her and pulled her head down. Ellie whispered something in Cynthia's ear, her eyes widened.

     "But how? And isn't that..."

     "I'm just being prepared. You always say planning is essential to make sure everything goes smoothly, right?"

     "Yeah, but what if you-"

     "Exactly, so let me figure this out." She went back to her tracker pad.

     "But-"

     "You better not be trying anything." Wave said sharply, he had overheard what was going on. Ellie glared at him

     "I didn't ask you anything, so mind your own business." She went back to doing what she was doing on her pad.

     "I'm just saying, don't do anything stupid." Wave retorted.

     Ellie only responded with a snort and an annoyed twitch of her ears.

     After a few minutes a guard came out of the war room to invite them in.

     "All of you may now come into the war room and start the meeting." Everyone started walking in. Their kids followed them, but the guard stepped in front of the door just before the kids were able to walk in.

     "All of you must wait outside. With the exception of Prince Wave and Princess Miranda, since they're old enough to hear about this. Queen's orders." Groans and complaints came from the crowd.

     "Come onnn! I'm 16! How the hell's that not old enough?!" Finn bristled in indignation. "Figures, something interesting finally happens and we're not allowed to hear about it!" They muttered to themself as they kicked open air.