Chapter 19 - A Nauseating Display.

TK'S POV

The sirens blare loudly in my ears as I sit in a police car, on the way to the station.

What the fuck even happened? Who would do such a thing? Lucy...

Lucy was never a great person, but she definitely didn't deserve to be killed like this. I won't accept this... This is fucking crazy. I decide to text Y/N.

***

Y/N, we need to talk soon. It's about Lucy. It's urgent, I need to hear your voice. Or see you. Text me back when you see this, ASAP.

***

It made me sick to my stomach. A person I grew up with... I found them dead. One of my best friends.

I wanted to yell, and kick and scream. But I couldn't. It was all too much. I physically couldn't get the tears out, I couldn't speak. The world felt quiet. Only the wind was loud. It felt like my heart had just been ripped out of my chest.

Y/N'S POV

A vibration from my phone went off. I reached to my side to find Peter not here. Once again, he sneaks off. I can't help but just sigh. I grab my phone as I read TK's text. It's 3 in the morning, what could be so important?

"Y/N, we need to talk soon. It's about Lucy. It's urgent, I need to hear your voice. Or see you. Text me back when you see this, ASAP."

Lucy? What could have happened..? Sure, we might've stopped being friends, but I still care for her. I call TK.

The third ring is when they answer.

"Y/N!" They spoke. They sound like they just finished running, and they're panting like crazy. "I just came out of the police station," they asserted shakily. "What's wrong?" I sat up in the bed.

"Lucy," their voice sounded panicky. "She's dead. Me and Don found her, we think someone killed her..." I felt their voice trail off.

Dead? Lucy? What? This couldn't be real. No way... I won't believe it. They must be pulling some sick prank. Tears started to swell in my eyes. Dead? Who would do such a thing?

It felt as though I started to reminisce about all the things I ever did with her. The mall, the drinking nights, the day we met.

Her laugh,

Her voice,

Her ridiculous logic,

I missed the way she complained.

I missed the way she would comfort me when I cried at times.

I missed our arguments.

Maybe I'm just being ridiculous. She's hurt me so much more than she's ever healed me. But was she really gone? It felt like my whole world just collapsed. Everything went silent.

"Y/N? Are you still there?" My senses came back to me when TK spoke.

"Yeah," I stammered. "Can I see you tomorrow? I just need time right now." I addressed.

"Oh, yeah. Of course. I'm sorry by the way, I know you guys were once close." They spoke, dejected.

I felt my fists clench. "I'll live, she was just a roomie." I press the hang up button.