Episode 2: Scene 1 & 2

10/01/22
Jocelyn's backyard

Jocelyn sits by the poolside with her bowl of lollipops. She's joined by Vanity Fair interviewer, Talia.

Talia: So Jocelyn, tell me about this new era of yours

Jocelyn: [ sigh ] well, it's all about my sexuality. Letting my innermost feelings and deepest dirtiest thoughts out.

T: Aren't you afraid of alienating your current fan base?

J: I'm not worried about them. I don't make music for them anymore.

T: Is this new sound, is it really who you are? Or are you just using shock value to alleviate yourself of the good girl image you had built up.

J: I'm pretty sure I shattered whatever good girl credibility I had when I went to rehab. The world knows that the innocent girl act was just that- a facade. It's time to stop lying to them. Its time to stop lying to myself...

Jocelyn gets choked up on that last line, as she feels like her music is not indicative of her inner thoughts or feelings. She hates that she's still being forced to be something she's not.

J: [ deep breath ] it's time to show everyone. Who Jocelyn really is.

Tears form in her eyes and she begins to shake.

J: Are we- are we done here?

Talia: [ stops the audio recording ] yes we got it. Thank you so much.

J: Great.

Jocelyn quickly unwraps a lollipop. Her hands trembling as she pops a butter scotch flavored dum dum into her mouth. She exits the pool and heads back into the mansion.

Scene 2

Jocelyn's kitchen

Leah and Dyanne are talking and laughing near the kitchen island when Jocelyn storms in.

Leah: Joce! How'd the interview go?

Jocelyn: I said everything they told me to say. So. Fucking awful.

Leah: Oh no I'm sure you did great

Dyanne: Your so tense! We need to go out tonight. I know a place

Leah: Oh I don't /think that's the best idea

Jocelyn: Yes. A thousand times, yes

Dyanne: Great, I'll see you tonight

Leah: And me too! You'll be seeing me- me too

Jocelyn gives Leah an annoyed look

Leah: You know I'm not allowed to let you out of my sight! I'm already bending the rules by letting you go out! If Nikki finds out she'll have my head!

Jocelyn: Oh yeah, I'm still on house arrest Dyanne

Dyanne: Seriously? Why? You've recorded all the songs- you've done the interviews and photo shoots. You've done every thing they've asked of you. You deserve to get some fresh air, do something for yourself for a change. Besides...this is your bad girl era right? Shouldn't you be seen out doing bad shit? Think of this as leaning into your new image!

Jocelyn: [ turns to Leah ] can't argue with that logic. If Nikki asks, we're working! Let's go!