Episode 2: Scene 3

The Club

Jocelyn, Leah, and Dyanne pull up to a night club in downtown Los Angeles. Paparazzi are clamoring at the chance to snap the first picture of Jocelyn since her release from the center months ago. This is the first time the public has seen the star in several months and they are FERAL.

Once the girls get inside they start dancing, singing, and getting drunk. After a few songs a man wearing sunglasses grabs a microphone and stops the music.

Tedros: Hold UP! Is that? Is that Jocelyn in MY club? Your a legend! Hold on, I gotta get a dance with you!

The music resumes as the man makes his way through the crowd to our, now blushing, starlet.

He leans down and whispers in her ear,
Tedros: What did I do to deserve being the presence of a goddess tonight?

Jocelyn: Oh stop

Tedros: I mean it. What is an extravagant woman like you doing in a place like this huh?

The pair start swaying to the beat.

Jocelyn: Maybe this...goddess/
Tedros: mhm

Jocelyn: maybe she needed to escape from heaven for a little bit. Taste some freedom for once.

Tedros: Well, if you came looking for freedom, you've come to the right place. Met the right guy. The right night. The right time...

Jocelyn smiles as the music drowns out the rest of Tedros's serenade.
The two continue to dance sensually together, eventually sharing a kiss on the dance floor.

Leah watches from the bar with concern. Just when she's about to get up and rescue her friend, a handsome figure sits beside her.

Man: A beautiful woman like you should never frown in a place like this.

Leah: [ shocked ] oh, m-me? I just um..have a lot on my- my mind.

Leah tries to look at Jocelyn from the corner of her eye, but the mysterious man gently grabs her chin and turns her face back towards himself.

Man: Let me fix that for you

Leah is flustered and no longer focused on Jocelyn.
At this moment, Tedros whisks Jocelyn to the back of the club. The two share an intimate moment on the stairs.

[ Jocelyn and Tedros make out ]

Leah: Joce? Joce?!

Leah is calling for Jocelyn. She wanders the back halls of the club but doesn't see them on the stairs.

[ Jocelyn and Tedros freeze- wait for Leah to leave, then laugh ]

Tedros: The fuck was that?

Jocelyn: Oh nothing, just my guard dog.

Tedros: Don't body guards usually wait outside the club?

Jocelyn: She insisted on coming here with me. The label doesn't trust me not to run off again so, they won't let me out of their site.

Tedros: Sounds like prison.

Jocelyn: Feels like it too. [ pause ] They even have me singing songs I don't want to sing.

Tedros: Really? What's wrong with them?

Jocelyn: They sound so empty. Like the most shallow vapid thing I could possibly sing. They're exploiting my sexuality when I haven't even had much time to discover it on my own yet!

Tedros: Oh no.

Jocelyn: Yeah. I'm powerless.

Tedros: Not necessarily. You said their exploiting your sexuality before you can figure it out for yourself right? So [ traces hand on Jocelyn's exposed thigh ] why don't you explore it and then you can push your truth out to the world. Get ahead of their narrative of you.

Jocelyn: Get ahead of their story...that's not a bad  idea!

Tedros: There's plenty more were that came from [ taps his head ] Let me help you.

Jocelyn: With?

Tedros: Your exploration...