Truly Devious

3rd Person:

'What the fuck?'

How on earth was she supposed to process this?

The school day had already ended, but the speech Koro-Sensei had given stuck with her like specks of sand after a day at the beach. She'd never been so shocked in her life.

And her life has had a lot of unpleasant surprises, so it took a lot to shake her.

Manami made eye contact with Akari, who was conversing with a feminine boy with blue hair. She waved him goodbye before making her way towards Manami.

"He seems cute." Manami smiled, elbowing Akari lightly.

"I don't have time for that kind of stuff, Manami. He's just another disposable pawn in my chess game, nothing more." She rolled her eyes, but the smidge of pink didn't escape Manami's sharp eyes.

She decided to drop it, though, because Akari was right. Something as trivial as love was not their focus at the moment. What was their focus was the weird, bright yellow octopus they had as their teacher, who allegedly blew up the moon and killed Aguri.

Is that not insane?

She had to give Akari credit. It must've been difficult to not jump at the thing and kill him right there.

'Well, she's called a child prodigy for a reason. Her acting abilities are no joke.'

Manami sighed. She didn't think she'd be able to handle tomorrow, especially because of what she has to do later tonight. The BB gun in her bag felt significantly lighter than its more dangerous counterpart.

Next Morning

"THIS SUCKS!" Followed by a thump.

"What is your issue this early in the morning?" Manami rubbed her eyes, grumbling.

Akari had flopped face-first onto a sofa. The exact sofa Manami was using as a bed before she was rudely disrupted.

"I hate getting up early! Being a student sucks! When I was still acting, the earliest they would call me in for filming was around 11 am because I was still a child. But now I have to suddenly wake up at 6 am? WHAT ABOUT MY BEAUTY SLEEP?!" Akari's face was utterly pitiful, with her bottom lip jutted out in a pout and faux tears brimming her eye line.

Manami wanted to laugh.

"You were so excited to go to school, and now you've done a complete 180. You've only been doing this for two days. Get a grip, Akari."

Deciding that now would be a good time to get ready, Manami parted from her beloved blanket. After all, Akari depended on her for a nutritious breakfast, and she couldn't just let her inhale four cups of pudding. Not after last time.

"Eww. Manami, you need a shower. You reek of death." Akari said, pulling herself away.

Her concerned eyebrows didn't escape Manami's vision, although she didn't want to dwell on that. So she rolled her eyes and left to shower, well aware of Akari's strong gaze following her.

Next Week

The week passed quickly in a flurry of failed assassination attempts on their wiggly teacher. As well as many real assassinations, courtesy of Manami.

Overall, after Manami had gotten rid of the initial shock of having Koro-Sensei in her life, interesting events were once again rare. Mainly because everyday strange things happened, so it became the norm.

After their PE class with the new instructor, Karasuma-Sensei, the bell chimed for the next period, so the students started to walk back to the old campus building.