The Beginning Pt 3.

3rd Person:

Adopted by the prime minister. Who would have suspected that? Manami didn't.

And she wishes she did...Her new 'father' was an asshole. He noticed her talent for killing and immediately started training her to become an assassin. What father would do that to their daughter?

This one.

Also, whenever she would do something incorrectly, this happened.

Smack!

"I taught you this! I can't believe you're so weak that you can't even land a roundhouse kick! Pathetic. Training is over for today. Same time tomorrow." He told her, watching Manami fall over at the impact.

He left the room, turning off the lights despite Manami still being in there. Her petite form shook in agony, she gritted her teeth to reduce the pain she felt.

Finally gathering her strength, Manami pushed herself up from the floor, her cold purple eyes glowing in the dark of the room.

She hated him.

The 10-year-old walked out of the room and flinched when the artificial light made contact with her eyes. She waited for her sight to re-adjust before stepping towards her glasses that rested on a table in the living room.

Though she wasn't able to take more than 5 steps before collapsing.

"Manami-Chan?! Are you okay? Did he do something to you again?" Her mother.

Her mother was just the sweetest. She was forced into marriage with this awful man, and it saddened Manami to know such a kind soul was going through this much torture.

But no one could take this much pain for years without their sanity slowly fading. Right?

"Mum...? What are you doing?" Manami peeked her small head into the kitchen, slightly on guard upon seeing how her mother was holding the knife.

"...You know, Manami-Chan? I've always hated your father. He would bring me constant pain and it's only gotten worse since we've adopted you..."

Manami instinctively stepped back in fear when her mother turned around with wide eyes.

"It's your fault."

Despite her efforts to avoid it, Manami screamed as she felt was the sharp sting of the knife gliding across her skin.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Manami woke up to a white ceiling and the feeling of pain in her upper arm.

Looking down, she noticed that there were weird coloured wires attached to her limbs. And the pain, oh God- the pain.

It just seemed to get worse the more conscious she felt, and Manami suddenly had the desire to drift back into a deep slumber.

Despite the constant beatings from her 'father', she wasn't used to the stinging sensation of a cut, since she hasn't had many of those. Yet.

Manami heard the door open and a pair of footsteps nearing her bed, snapping her out of her brooding.

Looking up, her pupils immediately contracted as she instinctively scowled at the man standing next to her bed.

"What do you want?" She rasped out. Her throat was incredibly dry.

Thankfully, he didn't reply. She didn't feel like hearing his voice.