Chapter 32: Perfect Prince

Madelyn's Pov 

And there he was. My prince, again I was blindfolded and well he...he wasn't clearly visible. Whenever I looked at his face something was always hidden. He had the most beautiful black horse.  He rode it diligently. And he didn't go anywhere without it. The horse was always by his side. 

"It's you again," I met him half way. "You," he smiled. Although I couldn't see his face clearly I could feel the charm of his face and whilst looking at him I imagined his most beautiful face. Blue eyes, and his skin was the softest  cotton-like kind of thing to feel. "There you are again Madelyn. What exactly do you want? What do you want Madelyn?" he repeated this question twice. But what did I want? What did he want? Why does he like to appear in the most undesirable time? 

"I want to take you on a trip," he said. "A trip?" I gave him a side eye. "Where exactly would we go? I'm meant to be here. And you...you travel everywhere. What you seek is adventure," I told him. "Yes...adventure is my life. But travelling it alone ain't much fun how adventure is much fun when you have someone to share it with!"  How he had the tongue of a poet. "Why with me in particular? Don't you have other friends you could possibly go with?" I asked him. "Good point. I have travelled on all my adventures with all my friends, my family, and trust me it has been such a great journey!" He finally looked up. Looked at me. "But only one person is missing to fill up my puzzle," he sighed. "Your puzzle?" He totally ignored my question.  "Look ahead and then decide," he pointed out to the road. I smiled. Finally saying my late evening goodbye. 

He rode his horse down to the sunset as I walked back home.  Who was he? Not even mention I knew his name, but he claims to know me so much.  As I laid down my head it was as if something was trying to come back to me. It was like kind of a memory. I felt like I knew him. But exactly who was he? 

I was still sleeping when the next morning I heard...

"So what are you doing here?"  "I've been looking for your daughter."  "My daughter for what?! Who are you?"  "Your daughter is a very good friend of mine."  "Are you avoiding my question?! Hey young boy?!" "Ma'am I..."

That must be my mom. Wait he's here?!! From the knock I didn't know what was going on so I remained in bed.  

Now I was rushing downstairs like there was no tomorrow. "Umm I...," I couldn't embarrass myself that I didn't know his name. "Steve," I said. "Yeah Steve!" I was panicking praying so hard that oh if he could please please just play along. "Mady honey do you know this guy?" asked mom. "Mom this is Steve! A very good friend of mind," I told her. "Argh why do you all keep saying the same thing?!" I laughed at her frustration.

"Anyways if that's the case then welcome Steve!" my mom welcomed him. "Please make yourself comfortable," she welcomed him inside. "Thank you so much Ma'am I appreciate the kindness. But actually ma'am..." he cleared his throat. "Madelyn and I are supposed to go on a litte adventure," said Steve. I smacked my head. Why in the world would he tell her that!

"Adventure? Madelyn really?!! And you couldn't even tell me about this?" the disappointment in mom's eyes of me not sharing my secrets. "Mom please! It's not that deep we are just going on a small trip," I told her. I could see the side eye from Steve.

We rode on his horse. I don't know when last I did this...but it was amazing! "I thought you would ask for my decision..." I finally reminded him from our previous conversation. "Yeah but when I saw you weren't showing up....I thought let's start the journey and see what you think as we ride. Tell me when you are tired I'll take you back home," he said. "But I was coming!!!" He gave me the side eye. Fine he was right. I was indecisive didn't know exactly what I want.

And so we rode. The sun was hot. Where were we? In the west? I lost track of time. And my phone felt incredibly hot. The horse was hungry and thirsty he couldn't move anymore. "Are you okay Cody?" I asked as I used a cloth to wipe off Cody's sweat off his body. "I think he's so thirsty and hungry," I looked up at Steve. "He definitely is," Steve agreed. "We should look for water," I told him.

I gave Cody the last few carrots remaining. Hopefully we will find something. "Don't stress about him he will survive," now Steve started laughing at me. Was he crazy?! The poor horse...

Least did I underestimate Cody. I was so worried about the horse but Cody proved me wrong! He still rode on. "And there we are," Steve pointed to the water dam ahead. Wow! It was so beautiful. Also surrounded by flowers. "Go for it boy!" he told Cody. Cody so happy to finally see water went for a drink.

"Wanna go for a swim?" Steve asked me. "I thought you would never ask." We both burst out into laughter! Taking a flower and putting it in my hair. Then we jumped in! Refreshing. That's what I call it. I'm always down for water on any hot day. And nothing refreshes me of water. Trying to get some way to finally see his face the sun covered it! Already the sun was covering it. Even brighter this time.

Cody became unusually quiet. Steve kept pestering me to go check on him but I kept insisting that Steve was being paranoid he probably just wants quiet time to himself and drink as much water....

But how I was terribly wrong! "Where's Cody?" we thought maybe he made a new friend and was probably hanging out with him somewhere. But wherever we checked, no sign of Cody. "Umm umm..." Steve was trying to stay calm. "Urgh! You know Cody likes taking these kind of walks!" But wherever we checked no sign of Cody. Cody Cody? We asked those around us but they had not seen him either. Finally we approached the old man as our last hope. "Cody? Hmm...well I did see a group of guys travelling with their truck with a black horse and of course I certainly asked them about it then responding it was their horse just taking good care of him by exposing him to the different environments," he said.

"Wait what are you?!!" But I slowly held his shoulder to calm him down. "I'm sorry Sir but I think our horse has been stolen!" he burried his face in his hands in frustration.