6: Crash

Despite barely sleeping the night before, Bdubs insisted on helping out somehow around the house. Doc was too paranoid to be okay with him going outside, so to keep him at ease, Bdubs stuck with cleaning inside.

The one upside to Doc's parents knowing the truth about his abilities, he didn't have to hide anything, and he could float up to the rafters to dust.

And as it turned out, cleaning helped him think.

He wiped down tables, bookshelves, and cabinets, all while he thought about Warlock. How he had to stop him before he made things worse. How he needed to find an excellent way to shut him up.

Bdubs took a wipe and cleaned the sink countertop in the first-floor bathroom. What if I cut off his tongue? Then he couldn't speak.

Picking up the spray bottle, he spritzed his reflection in the mirror. And when he wiped it away with a towel, he found himself frowning. He could still write it down. But if I removed his fingers, that would just be too messy.

There was a knock on the open bathroom door. "How're you doing?" Doc softly asked. He had dirt on his face.

"I'm fine! Are you just checking on me as an excuse to take a break?" He teased with a light laugh. Walking closer, he wiped his face clean for him before kissing his forehead. "Or did ya need the bathroom?"

His partner laughed, reciprocating the affection. "My dad made me check up on you, actually. I wouldn't stop talking about you and- and everything, so I think he was starting to get sick of it," He admitted.

Bdubs' smile softened. "I am okay, really." He insisted. If I kidnap him, then everyone will assume I've just broken him out, and their suspicions will be confirmed true. Funny, even with us publicly betraying each other, no one is fully convinced we still aren't working together.

A hand touched the back of his head. "You looked troubled though." Doc's words reminded him where he was standing. With a deep breath, he forced a smile as he pulled away from the comforts of his touch. He returned cleaning supplies to under the sink.

"It's... hard not to be. But I've got to start vacuuming upstairs!" He tried to maneuver around him out of the bathroom, flicking off the lights on his way out, but a hand caught his arm.

"Bdubs," Doc protested. It was always enough to make him stop.

He slowly turned around, blinking at him patiently.

The hand on his arm slowly traveled down to squeeze his hand. "You really don't have to clean the house, y'know? We could- we could do something! Why don't we just relax together?" Bdubs was hesitant. Once again, he pulled away from him.

"I don't think I can relax," he finally admitted with a heavy exhale. "But the uh, the cleaning, I like doing it. I'm able to really think, y'know? About what I should do, about what could happen, I think it's good."

He hated the look of pity that flashed on Doc's face. He hated when he was pulled into a hug and only stood there, pressing his forehead to his chest. Angel held a tight frown, keeping his arms at his sides. "Listen, I've been thinking about it too, and I've decided that when I get back to the city, I'll take Warlock out of his cell, and keep him from the rest of the world. Somehow, I'll hide him, I'll threaten him, and he won't hurt us anymore," Doc explained with a squeeze.

Bdubs shook his head. "You shouldn't. That's not- You're a hero, Doc. You're Dynamight. I don't want you doing something against your morals for the sake of someone like me."

The hybrid creeper pulled back, keeping him at arm's distance. "Anything to protect you is well within my morals. Because I will do anything for you," he insisted. Thankfully, the pity had been replaced with sparks of determination in his eyes. His brows were creased and a small frown was on his face, but it kept twitching to threaten a smile.