3: I've Had Enough

Bdubs couldn't fall asleep.

Not even the comfort of his partner could lull him into a peaceful slumber.

So he decided, instead of lying in the darkness, he was going to do something.

He carefully lifted the arm off of him and climbed out of bed. As much as it pained him to use it, he picked up the crystal and let it transform his outfit. He picked up his red bandana from the bedside table and tied it over his eyes as he headed for the door.

"Where are you going?" Doc quietly asked, stopping him in the entrance.

With a small sigh, he adjusted the mask before turning around. "I'll be right back, I promise," he whispered. His boyfriend had sat up, and despite the lack of light, he could see the tired pout on his face.

He walked back over in favor of kissing his cheek. But, Doc lightly grabbed his arm. "Please don't go see him. What if that's what he wants?"

Of course, Dynamight figured him out. "I have to. I can't risk him saying anything else about me. It'll be quick, I'll be in and out." He touched his face, brushing his thumb over the cold metal.

"A-Are you going to kill him?"

Bdubs pressed his lips to his forehead. "No," he simply replied. "I know you wouldn't want that. I'm only going to talk to him."

With his free hand, Doc touched his side. "Bdubs please, everything is going to be okay. Just come back to bed. He's trying to scare you and what if you going there helps him get out somehow?" He sat down on the side of the bed, and Doc leaned into his hand.

"He's not escaping, and this is something I need to do. Now go back to sleep, you have work in the morning," he urged.

Exhaling, Doc's frown didn't lift, but he nodded. "Okay. But wake me up when you get back, promise?"

"I promise."

-

It wasn't Bdubs' first time sneaking into the prison. He had done it before, not just for Warlock but when his boss wanted him to break out other criminals too. Like the last time Warlock was imprisoned, his cell was surrounded by terrariums of fungi. To top it off, he had specifically engineered handcuffs that further dampened his abilities.

Bdubs bubbled all nearby cameras, so the footage and audio would be corrupted.

Warlock was sitting in the corner, half-asleep, but the moment he saw Angel, his face lit up and he quickly stood, striding over to the cell door. "Can you believe they still have me behind bars? It's like they want me to escape! I'd have thought they would put more security into keeping me here," he commented with a smirk.

For the moment, Angel kept his mouth shut. He wanted to see just how willing Scar was to talk first before making any threats.

Holding onto the bars, his former boss sighed and leaned his cheek against one. "You have no idea how nice it is to see you," he murmured. "I really missed you, y'know? Genuinely."

Unable to stop himself, he laughed. "That's crazy! Because you know I missed you too!" Whipping out the dagger stowed against his lower back, he closed the space between them so his blade could touch his jaw. "I missed how much you walked all over me! How much pain and damage you caused without care. And yet you could never stop." Although Scar's eyes widened, he didn't back up. Instead, he dared to touch his hand.

"Oh Angel you're wrong! I did care, and I still do! Don't be ignorant, you knew then how I had to do what I did to you, otherwise you'd never learn! Be as sarcastic as you want, but you do miss me."