Chapter 8- The 'proof'

-A/N: sorry for taking too long before releasing this chapter it's just that I've been a little busy with enjoying my vacation lately, I'm still on vacation rn though so I don't guarantee posting a lot. Ty for your patience and support 🫶.

     -KDJ'S POV-

No way... I-... how can I keep up with this...
__________________________ What happened a few moments ago.
This b*stard, the way I want to just land a strong punch on his face, one strong enough to break that perfect nose of his. What have I gotten myself into just now.

I let out a loud sigh and held his hand while looking away with shame.

The people around us were like insects communicating through their antennas with all of that whispering.

As we were making our way through the school, for the first time, I've experienced the struggle of being one of those 'popular kids', the ones that didn't wanted popularity. My fame rose up because of this emo b*tch, I've never actually asked for it... well maybe just a few times but you know-

Shouts were heard from behind us. At first it seemed like they came from the distance but the sound grew louder and louder, the people shouting behind us were screaming his name for his attention as the both of us felt them approaching rapidly.

"Yoo Joonghyuk!" One shouted as he proceeded to grab his shoulder. The sunfish then turned his head to the side to meet the person's eyes.

"I-is it true that... uh... as we can see here, you're a homo?... u-uhmmm... no offence by that hahaha..." He asked, feeling a little ashamed.

"Yes it is as you guessed it." He said and lifted my hand. This jerk...

My face turned red and a pinkish shade appeared on my cheeks. His lips felt soft against the back of my palm, it felt like soft cotton brushing through my skin.

The guy that laid his hand on Joonghyuk's shoulder previously soon took his hand off and also took a few steps back. He didn't look shocked but he didn't look unbothered either. The expression on his face somewhat... showed an emotion of disbelief but in a more 'Yeah... right' way if you know what I mean.

"Is that right?" He mumbled and look back to his group of girls that I assume are his friends before speaking once more.

"Then prove it to us Yoo Joonghyuk... not gonna lie here, I've been keeping an eye on you for a while now despite being a guy. I never dared to ask you out since well, back then, I thought you were only interested in the girls here but turns out that I'm wrong~ Isn't that right girlies?" He says and chuckles with the girls nodding in agreement.

"That won't be necessary though, a-as you can see here, we're already holding hands and w-why would we pretend to date hm? Right darling?" My throat almost itched before spitting out that forced 'darling' from my mouth. Still stuttering a little because I felt irritated.

He smiled at me. I couldn't tell if his smile and his expression was a part of the act or was actually sincere. His mouth slightly curved upwards and those sparkle in his eyes that I've never imagine seeing since his eyes represented a dark abyss to me.

"But there's no problem of proving it to them, love." He said confidently as he side-eyed the nervous guy who stood there with his group of girls, trying not to show his nervousness by putting up an awkward smile.

My heart skipped a beat and my anxiousness rose when I heard that phrase coming from him, this little sh*-t, he's not helping right now. It's as if he's asking for it.

"Well... what proof do you want mister student?" The sunfish asked, still holding my hand softly while I squeezed it unconsciously.

"Hmmm... what request do you have girls?"

"A kiss!" One of the girls said.

"Yes! Exactly, a kiss we want!" The other one shouted excitedly.

Before I could realise, a huge amount of people already surrounded us because of all the shouting earlier, and also because everyone have had their eyes on us since this morning because of this act.

The guy, I assume was the leader of the group started cheering to get the people to cheer with him.

"A kiss! A kiss! A kiss!" He cheered and repeated with the people surrounding me and Yoo Joonghyuk.

He looked at me in the eye, it was as if his eyes were shouting 'we have to do it' to me. I gripped onto his hand and took a glance at the people before setting my attention towards him again. I accepted my faith...

D*mn... so is this going to be my first kiss?