08

Jieun POV

2 weeks later

"I can't believe we're almost done with the project," Mingyu said, lying back in his chair. "Yeah, time really went fast. It's been almost a month since it all started, and now, we only have to record the song and the music video," I added, eating chips and offering some to my partners.

As of now, Mingyu, Wonwoo, and I are done with the lyrics and the instrumental of our song. Now we have to find a title, and then we can get to the recording. But for now, I have to go to my aunt's restaurant because Jeonghan got sick. I sat up, "Okay, guys, sorry to leave you so soon, but my aunt needs me," I said while waving goodbye. "Be careful on your way there!" Wonwoo said with a reassuring smile. I nodded and left the studio, making my way to the school's gate.

After the night where Wonwoo got so drunk he had to sleep over at my house, things between him and me got better. I completely trust him, and I know that Minho was just trying to manipulate me. Sometimes, we would go to get hot chocolate, just him and me, since Mingyu's mom has gotten stricter than usual.

And honestly, I couldn't ask for more. Even though, as I expected, he only remembers the part where my aunt came into the room, and we had to hide in the bathroom, I'm glad I got to experience this with him. I don't know if I'll ever tell him about it, but for now, I keep this to myself.

As I arrived at my aunt's restaurant, I greeted the usual customers and went to the back to change. I stood behind the counter, greeting the customers with a warm smile as they entered. It was always a bit nerve-wracking at first, but I knew I had to push through. After all, this job was excellent practice for overcoming my social anxiety.

As the lunch rush began, I excused myself and hurried to the back to change into my apron. Donning the familiar uniform, I took a deep breath and returned to the front, ready to serve with renewed energy. Interacting with strangers was not easy for me, but I had been working here since middle school, and over the years, it had become a bit more manageable.

Just then, my aunt called out my name, saying that someone was asking for me. "How do they look?" I asked, hoping it was either Wonwoo or Mingyu. "They're tall and good-looking," my aunt replied.

I instantly thought of Wonwoo and Mingyu, but as I made my way to the customer, my heart sank when I saw Minho standing there. Minho, the person who had tried to sabotage my entire friendship with Wonwoo and Mingyu. I felt a mix of annoyance and discomfort, but I tried to remain professional, treating him just like any other customer.

As he handed his card to pay for his food, he crossed the line, touching my hand inappropriately. My body tensed, and without thinking, I violently pulled my hand back, my voice firm as I told him to leave the restaurant. "You can't get away from me, Jieun," he sneered. "You should have listened to me the first time I told you not to get close to Wonwoo and Mingyu."

Ignoring his words, I excused myself and rushed to the back to calm down. My heart was racing, and I needed someone to talk to. I grabbed my phone and dialed Mingyu's number, knowing he was the only one who understood what I was going through. "Mingyu, Minho is here again," I explained, trying to steady my voice.

"I'll be there in 30 minutes," he replied. "Can you manage to wait a bit?" I nodded, even though he couldn't see me. "Yes, I'll be fine. Just hurry."

After hanging up, I took a few deep breaths and splashed some water on my face, trying to regain composure. I couldn't let my personal business interfere with the well-being of the restaurant. I wiped away any traces of distress and put on my best smile as I returned to the front, ready to continue serving the customers.