13 / Night

The two drunk girls walked out of the house. Their phones were practically dead, they didn't know where they were or how to get home. They could have waited for the rest of their group, but how could she face any of them? Her emotions were so crazy, because of the alcohol. Right? She felt that way because she was drunk. No other reason. There was no way she was actually being seduced by the charms of Lee Minho. No way.

Back at the party, Minho was in shock. What was that feeling? Why did he feel it? It wasn't love. Was it? He was in too much thought to even care about the group of minors who had just walked the streets in the middle of the night to cause some trouble, although Chan was fully aware. Minho stood off to the side, after long deep thought he came to a conclusion.

He would push her away.

And as she walked, thoughts racing through her brain she came to the same conclusion.

She would push him away.

"Where's Hana and Jisue?" Seungmin asked. This stopped Chan's stern talking to the kids when he realized, he didn't know.

"Fuck." He mumbled, "Minho come on, we're going back." He spoke. Minho was finally awoken from his tranced state, but he couldn't go back. Not to her house at least, he needed to stay away from her, from this witch who made him feel all sick and twisted inside. Reluctantly he followed, deciding he would just go to his house when they got close enough. But that's when he finally realized the witch wasn't with them at all. And the whole group now seemed to be quite worried. And so was he.

———

She muttered swears as she kicked rocks, walking supposedly back to her house but honestly unaware of where she was going. She knew the general idea of where she was going but Hana and Jisue were quite lost. They were just too intoxicated to really realize it. Her phone in her pocket started buzzing.

Hyunjae

As soon as she picked up the call his worried voice rang through.

"Hey where are you? Are you safe? Did you make it home?" He asked.

"Uh."

"Chan and the rest of them  are out looking for you both. Stay where you are."

"Is uh Minho with them?"

"Yes."

"I'm just going to go home." Her and Jisue continued to walk.

"Do you know where that is?"

"Probably." She hung up the call.

"This way. It's on my maps." Jisue showed her phone with the address. They walked and talked, knowing the rest would get home safe. They were in good hands. But the thought of her seeing Minho at all was enough to make her want to run back to her house and curl up in her bed and sleep forever. She hated this stupid feeling.

That's all he wanted to do to, as the rest of the group followed Hana and Jisue's location on Aera and Felix's phones, he thought about how badly he wanted to go home and never feel this feeling again. It was too foreign to him, too out of his comfort zone. As they neared closer to his neighborhood he made his way over to Chan.

"I'm just going to walk home." He said with his words slightly slurred together.

"Alone?" Chan replied.

"Yeah. You guys go back and finish the movie party."

"You don't want to join us?" Chan put an arm around Minho.

"No." He replied quietly, "I don't."

"I'll go with you. Just to make sure you're safe."

"Chan i'm nineteen. I can go home by myself. It's right down that way." He laughed a little.

"Okay. Text me when you get there." Chan patted the boy's back. Minho nodded in response, making his way home with thoughts racing.

———

Hana got home, knowing her sister and her friends would come home soon she didn't want to face them. The two girls both went upstairs. Jisue understood Hana's emotions, as best as her intoxicated mind could. She knew why Hana was quiet and didn't want to see anyone else. She knew that something was there between her and the boy. Both of them went to Hana's room and fell asleep or Jisue did at least. Hana's mind was too alive, too nervous, to even think about sleeping. Her closed eyes only made her dream and think about Minho even more. Of course, the last thing she wanted on her mind.

Minho had the same problem. He couldn't stop thinking about Hana. He couldn't stop thinking about that stupid stupid kiss. What was that feeling? Why had he never felt it before? What was so special about her? He just wanted fun and this overthinking session was no where near it. He couldn't stand the thought to see her again. What if he moved schools just to never see her again? There would be more girls for him to talk to, more people to help him get his mind off of her. It seemed like such a perfect idea. But that was out of his control. There was no way his parents would let him switch half way through his last year. It was too much. He was stuck with her. But it's not like he never ghosted or ignored girls at his own school before. This one just felt... different. Like he couldn't ignore her anymore.

Both stayed up, with their heads and hearts racing about one another. Maybe if they actually knew their own emotions they'd understand that not talking to one another was the worst for both parties. Maybe if they both weren't so scared of their feelings. But oh they were just too similar.

A/N: Sorry this is such a short chapter!! This book is like lowkey all over the place i keep forgetting what i'm writing lol