25 / Bruised

Minho walked home, the day had been crazy. He felt like he had felt more emotions in the past few days than in his whole life, but at least today was ending on a happier note. Hopefully. He still had to face his parents. Minhos parents were never the strict type, they were usually quite understanding and conversational, always trying to work things out with him. Minho didn't really know how to share his emotions with his parents, it always felt weird to him though he never knew why.

"I'm home." He opened the door and spoke as he usually does, hoping his parents wouldn't think anything was wrong.

"Could you come into the kitchen sweetie?" He heard his mom call. He set his stuff down and made his way into the kitchen where both his parents were standing, "We heard about your little detention today." She started, "You got into a fight?" She asked with a little disappointment behind her tone.

"Yeah." Minho nodded, "I didn't start it."

"The principal said the other kid was hurting a girl is that true?" His dad asked

"Yeah. Hana. She's... a friend of mine." He smiled a little thinking about how she was a bit more than that, "It was her ex boyfriend. She's the girl that got cheated on too." Minho looked down, "Juyeon, her ex, and Kyungmi were the two we saw at the party." He was surprised at how he could say that without wanting to cry now.

"And Juyeon was the one you fought?" Minho nodded.

"Have we met this Hana?" His mom spoke.

"No. She's best friends with Felix's sister though." Minho liked how his mom changed the topic now, she could understand he didn't really want to talk about the fight.

"Oh Jisue. She's sweet." His mom smiled, "Can we meet her sometime?"

"Uhm. Uh. Yeah. Yeah. Sure." He stumbled his words.

"What'd you get so nervous for all the sudden?" His dad teased, "Is she your girlfriend?"

"No no. She's not, i'll have her come over here this week for dinner." He nodded.

"Great!" His mom smiled and he started to walk towards his room, "Hey Minho," He paused, "Stay out of fights, your face is too cute." He rolled his eyes at his mom's words with a laugh as he walked back to his room. She was right though, his face was starting to bruise a bit.

---

The next day he woke up like usual for school, but with a large discoloration in his face. Of course he knew it would bruise, but not this bad. And of course the whole school already had rumors about the fight and honestly the intensity of the bruise would probably only make people talk more, he wanted to stay home. But he also wanted to talk to Hana, so of course he got dressed and ready and made his way to the school. Minho enjoyed his morning walks as it gave him some nice alone time to listen to music and think in the mornings. As he walked through the gates, the students looked up and of course he could already hear the whispers.

"Damn he looks like he got fucked up."

"I never doubted Juyeon won. The guys a baseball player and Minho is just..."

"Minho won don't be stupid."

"A teacher stopped them. Neither won. You guys are just all idiots."

He wondered why people couldn't just keep their mouths shut and mind their own business. He walked over to his friends, only Jisung and Hyunjin were there.

"Damn bro I didn't know it was a fight fight." Jisung looked at his bruise.

"The fuck you mean a fight fight?" Hyunjin questioned him.