Chapter 9 A Best friend's Promise

A/N: Sorry for the year that took me to come up with ideas for this story. I mean it is not like I lost all interest in it. It's just that I've been busy with studies and work. Yeah, work. But I did try hard enough to write close to 2K words in this chapter. Other stories of mine are also pending so please bear with me.

The previous chapters aren't edited so I can understand if you're disgusted at the grammar lol. But, I am editing them all slowly. SO don't worry. And also, this chapter is dedicated to a very sexy and cute friend of mine: Ankita <3 Thank you for reading my stories.

Chapter 9 A Best friend's Promise

The chirping of the birds and the bright rays of the sun was what woke me up from my deep sleep. They never did justice on Saturdays as well. I really needed good sleep. But as I looked around, rubbing my eyes, I realized it wasn't my room. I yawned and moved the sheets away. When I stood up, pain shot through my body while my head looked like it would explode. Last night I might have taken a little too many shots of alcohol. Maybe that's why I felt like crap.

I stayed at Katy's place after what happened last night. If I remember correctly, Katy had been down unconscious. I really need to go check on her. I opened the door and walked downstairs. It was already 11 in the morning. But seeing how we attended the party last night, waking up at this hour was considered early. And well, it's Saturday after all. We can take as much time to sleep as we may.

Suzan was now in my sight. I walked inside the kitchen smelling the aroma. She was preparing something really nice and I licked my lips in anticipation. They smelled of banana pancakes.

"Good morning" I wished taking a seat.

"Morning" She smiled at me as she went back to making pancakes. "Katy's parents aren't home yet so I decided to do the breakfast. Katy's not in the mood at all"

"How is she now?"

"She hasn't spoken to me since she woke up"

"Oh. Where is she right now?" I asked.

"In the television room. You better go, I am really worried about her" She said turning back with a sad face.

I nodded and got up. What could have gone wrong? I mean, Katy is a fighter and it isn't that easy to bring tears to her eyes. She has a heart that of a stone and I don't mean it in a negative way. I just mean that she's a strong lady. I was really worried. Soon, I was walking in the television room. The door was left ajar. So, I glanced at Katy who was sitting on the sofa. Some alien shows were playing on the television. As far as I remember, this is not anything Katy would normally like.

"Good morning, Katy" I wished taking a seat beside her. I waited for her to reply but she didn't show any sign of replying. She just acknowledged my presence then turned back. "So what show is this? Is this the one with those hot boys in it? You know, the one you keep blabbering about in college" I asked trying to make normal conversation with her.

No reply.

I took the remote and pressed the standby button. I waited for to show some kind of emotion or moment. Or maybe shout at me for interrupting her program. But no. That wasn't the case. She was there like a cold stone but still wasn't there.

"Katy, can you tell us what happened? Everyone's worried about you"

She turned slowly to look at me. She had blood shot eyes, dark bags underneath them. Those little glossy eyes were trembling and I didn't know what to do.