Chapter 8: Alcohol, Confessions, Hook-ups and Break-ups

A/N: Please support me with votes and comments. Thank you.

Alcohol, Confessions, Hook-ups and Break-ups

Finally the day of the party arrived and to be honest, no, I wasn’t excited. Suzan and Katy showed up to my house in the morning. Both were at the verge of hyperventilation. They kept rummaging through my wardrobe for a perfect outgoing dress for me. I kept telling them that jeans and top would be okay with me but no, it’s our Katy after all. Suzan brought her dress along with her. It was elegant yet decent. It was attractive in a way. Katy told her dress was supposed to be a ‘surprise’ so she wasn’t going to stay for long at my house. After about an hour, they finally gave up on finding a dress for me.

“Aren’t you guys tired?”

“Your wardrobe is filled with un-attractive dresses. I would never be the Katy if I were to wear any of those. But to be honest with you, all of these dresses actually suit you.” Katy said sitting down in defeat.

“She’s right. I envy you” Suzan said lying down on my bed.

“It’s my wardrobe, guys” I stated rolling my eyes.

“Whatever. But tonight, it’s not going to be your way. I am going to dress you up into a Barbie doll, the sexy one”

“But you can’t find any dress in it” I replied.

“We can always go shopping” Suzan said, her eyes now shut.

“No. There’s not much time. I need to get out of here in half-an-hour. I have a few appointments too before the party starts. So,” Katy said standing up, “there’s nothing we can do about it” She turned to look at my messy wardrobe again. She sighed.

“I’ll be fine. You should go” I said. I really meant it but our Katy wasn’t really going to give up, was she?

“Wait a second,” She started, “What is this dress?” She bent down to pick up a dress which didn’t catch her attention at first.

I looked at the dress again. The moment I saw it, pain shot through my veins. It was the dress my parents bought it the night they died. The dress made of threads and beads with freckles on it. I never actually wore it because every time I saw it, I could only feel cold blood flow through me. And I couldn’t feel anything other than pain.

“I ain’t wearing that”

“This dress is hot. It is cute too. I mean if you wear it, you would be “the diva” out there. Just look at it, it’s so …gorgeous”

“I’m sorry” I said sitting on my computer table and browsing the internet. Enough of this nuisance already. I can’t wear that dress, damn it.

“I give up, Sarah. You are just unbelievable. No matter how much I try to bring a smile to your face, you push me away thinking it’s only for myself. Is that all you could think of?”

I kept quiet.

“I am sorry I can’t be a good friend to you or a good influence. But if you are always gonna put up with that façade of yours, it’s not going to get you anywhere. I’m leaving”

I heard the door shut and realized she was gone. Suzan was fast asleep already. I was glad. I turned back and noticed the dress lying on my bed. I wiped the tears off my face and picked it up. I think it’s high time I forget what had happened in the past. The future awaits me. I know that was all Katy wanted for me. I am so hopeless. I am a failure as a friend, ain’t I?

-----------------------------------

“You sure I look fine?” Suzan asked like the hundredth time this night.