Chapter 16. Just Friends

Annabeth
"I'm her..."

Feya and Aeden look at me with fear in their eyes, getting into defensive positions. "I promise I'm not the same as I was back then, I was ten... I'm now 18, I have only slightly assassinated someone since then, and that's because he tried to kill my friends," I say, helping them to not be cautious of me.

Their shoulders relax and Aeden says, "Well we best get you two ready for the dinners,"

I watched as Percy was whisked away by Aeden, wishing that he was still by my side.

Feya smiled at me comfortingly, grabbing my hand and leading me to the opposite side of the castle. I wish that I could be at home...

"We'll get you home soon, I promise sweetie,"

"Thank you... Alexander was a... not a childhood friend, more like a childhood colleague. I had escaped at age 11 from the Thieves Palace, I got home and no one gave me recognition... it was like I was never gone..." My voice cracks at the last word, even though I had tried to will it not to.

Feya stops walking and turns to look at me, letting go of my hand. "Why had they given you no recognition?" She asks.

"I was a very... reckless child, according to them. I've never liked talking to anyone, I was always in my room... I only ever went out for dinner and lessons, then I went right back to my room..."

Feya's eyes grow angry and she seems to move her hand in some sort of motion, making me blink hard. "What... just happened?" I ask. "Nothing, it's just to help you," She smiles at me. "What?"

"I hate whenever I have to use this power, so come here please," She says, opening her arms up wide. I smile at her, a bit skeptically. I hug her anyway, she feels like home.

"Just so you know... You and your darling friend have to share a room, all of our guest rooms are occupied at this moment," She says. "Do we get separate beds?"

"Sadly, no,"

I back out of her hug and start choking, I can't sleep in the same bed as him!

"Oh dear!" Feya exclaims. "I'll—" cough "be fine—" cough.

"Let's continue to where you were going to take me," I choke out. She nods and leads me to the last door in the hallway.

Feya opens the door and I'm overwhelmed, there are plants everywhere. Little shelves filled with decorations and plants are scattered across the wall, and there's a huge bed underneath a window that outlooks the entirety of the village.

"This will be yours and Percy's room, now follow me to the dressing rooms,"

I nod and follow Feya through another hallway, this time the door is wide open and all I see is clothing through the doorway.

"What would you like to wear?" Feya asks, leading me into the room. I looked at all the clothing sitting around the room, one particular outfit drew me in. Feya stepped out of the room to let me change, I felt weirdly at home here.

I walked over to the outfit cautiously, I felt like this was an ancient artifact. Like if I put it on something will hate me for it.

I slipped off my dress and shoes, picking up the other outfit. When I had the outfit in my hands I felt powerful. Like I could rule the world when wearing this.

I slipped it on carefully, ensuring it fit me before I took out the braid in my hair.

Walking over to the mirror, I braced myself for the terrible sight. But when I looked in the mirror... I saw my raw form. Nothing was holding me back, nothing could hurt me, nothing.