1. doc martens

"Ugh, Y/N, can I borrow that lip liner again. My lips are throwing me off so bad today."

You look down to click on your phone that's sitting amongst the various makeup products sprawled across the counter of the hotel bathroom. The screen read 7:22 PM across the sunset picture you keep as your wallpaper.

"Mhm, it's next to my hairbrush." You respond back while putting on a thick coat of sheer red lipgloss. It complimented both your complexion and outfit well, a white corset tank top and dark, highwaisted leather pants. Shuffling back into the bedroom, you flop down onto the cold sheets. You're staying in a hotel with your friend, Emma, who you flew out to Los Angeles to meet for the first time. It feels strange how she's been one of your favorite youtubers for a long time and now you're staying in a hotel room with her. You've only had a channel of your own for a bit over a year but have grown a decent fanbase so far, which has been spiking recently.

"The Uber is gonna be here soon so I'm gonna head down to the lobby quick to grab a snack before we leave. Want anything?" Emma asks while reaching for the doorknob.

"I'm good for now. I'm sure I can find something to eat there." You answer, sitting up.

Watching her shut the door, you grab your Doc Martens. They're well loved, and have gotten you through every night you've gone out for the past two years. Once you reach the middle of lacing up the left shoe, the lace suddenly rips.

"Fuck!" You exclaim, even though you could have seen it coming. The lace is worn out and was hanging on by a thread anyway. Shrugging, you just move on to the other shoe.

You and Emma are going to a small house party so you can meet a couple of her friends and more streamers and youtubers in LA. For most of the trip, you've felt so small next to her whenever a fan approaches her to ask for a picture. You didn't mind too much though, a huge fanbase wasn't something you even wanted. You were fine with the 300k you've gained recently.

After one last glance in the mirror and brush through your hair, it's probably a good idea to go down to the lobby and find Emma so you don't miss your Uber. Just as you reach the right floor on the elevator, she texts you to tell you that the driver has arrived.

"Hi, sorry if I made you wait a minute." You apologize to the Uber driver once you're buckled into the car.

"No worries! Now where are you headed tonight ladies?" She asks as she pulls out of the parking lot slowly.

Emma gives her the address and the rest of the drive is pretty chill. It was only about 12 minutes from where you were staying, but the pit in your stomach from nervousness made it feel twice as long. You didn't really know anyone in LA, and Emma seemed to know everyone. You didn't typically travel super far out of New York.

Getting out of the car and saying your goodbyes, you leave the driver a good tip.

"Excited for your first party in LA?" Emma asks, grabbing your arm and swinging it in the air. "I mean it's not a big deal but I want you to have fun and meet some people."

"Yeah, pretty excited. A little nervous because I don't know a single person here but I'll loosen up after a couple of drinks." You know you'll meet some cool people but you've always been nervous around new crowds.

First walking in, it's a bit awkward how you're just standing at Emma's side for a while. After a good twenty minutes you find your way into the living room to talk to someone new. You're decently buzzed and feel more comfortable now, having made a couple friends and had a little to drink.

A good amount of people there recognize you, surprisingly, which made it easier to talk to everyone.

You decide you're done socializing for a bit and go outside to look for Emma and see what she's up to. You find her by a fire pit with a group of three other people. Approaching her and saying hi, the rest look up and notice you, smiling.