𝐓𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐞

❤︎❤︎❤︎

❤︎❤︎❤︎

Evangeline sat between Edmund's legs, across from Peter in the small boat they were using to cross the river. Trumpkin, the dwarf, was about to be drowned by two Telmarines when they saved him (not that he seemed grateful for it) and out of nowhere he confirmed that General Conan and Queen Athena were alive which they were all relieved to hear.

It was silent on the boat as they took in the scenery. It was nothing like the Narnia they had known before, the tress were no longer dancing and the forest seemed dull, not full of life.

"They're so still." Lucy said suddenly, referring to the trees.

Trumpkin looked at her strangely. "They're trees," He told her. "What d'you expect?"

"They used to dance." Evie came to Lucy's defence but he rolled his eyes.

"Wasn't long after you left and Queen Athena vanished that the Telmarines invaded," The dwarf explained. "Those who survived retreated to the woods. And the trees, they retreated so deep into themselves that they haven't been heard from since."

Lucy shook her head. "I don't understand, how could Aslan have let this happen?" She muttered.

Trumpkin scoffed. "Aslan? Thought he abandoned us when you lot did."

"We didn't mean to leave, you know." Peter said quietly.

"Makes no difference now does it?"

"Get us to the Narnians and it will." Peter seemed to have a newfound determination.

It went silent again for a while. "What happened to my sister?" Evie asked out of the blue.

Trumpkin didn't answer for a moment. "She told me that she went looking for you, but only found your horses," He explained while the five listened closely. "Then a few weeks later, the Telmarine's invaded. That's all she would tell us."

No one answered. They soon reached the shore where they began pulling the boat up while Lucy wandered off.

"Hello there," Everyone turned to see Lucy talking to a bear. "It's alright, we're friends."

The bear began growling. "Don't move your majesty." Trumpkin told her. 

As Lucy turned to look at them, the bear took it as his chance to run towards Lucy.

"Lucy run!" Evie shouted because the girl hadn't noticed. Lucy started running back to them as Evie pulled the bow and arrow out of the boat.

"Stay away from her!" Susan shouted, holding up her bow. Lucy tripped and the bear was right above her.

"Shoot Susan, shoot!" Edmund shouted as the boys ran over. 

Lucy screamed as the bear stood up, but it stopped when two arrows pierced its chest. They all turned to see Susan had not let her arrow loose, but Trumpkin and Evie had. When they began to run over, Evie went to Susan who was stood still.