XXV. Cousin Reunion, part 2

The very same night, the two families had a big dinner together just like the old times. While there was a small tension in the table, coming from Aliscent; everything else was normal. Princess Rhaenys loved young Aegon and Helena, always happy to see the proud Targaryen features on their faces.

During dinner, Naelys had slipped a note to her two cousins and informed them of a plan she had formed. All they had to do, was to remain in their rooms and stay dressed in comfortable riding clothes.

Curious but also used to her crazy ideas, the two siblings had done just that and waited. They waited for quite a while before a secret door was opened in each of their rooms, respectively. Through it, a grinning and proud Naelys was waiting; dressed in her gear.

After the night with Daemon, she kept using those little passages and she had even showed them to Rhaenyra; for when she needed to spend some alone time with Ser Cole.

"Don't worry, Laenor. I will show them to you once you establish here" she told her male cousin, who was ecstatic at the idea.

With the night sky as their cover, they took their horses and made their way towards the Dragon Pits. Bribing a few stable boys was relatively easy for Naelys and over the years she had made friends with enough servants, who would not give her away if someone offered them a bigger amount of money.

Arriving at the Dragon Pits, the Dragon Keepers were expecting them and were busy putting a saddle on Vhagar and Seasmoke.

"Wait, won't the keepers tell our parents or the king?" Laenor asked, suddenly getting worried.

The last time they took their dragons in secret, back at Driftmark, the Dragon Keepers snitched them out. Thankfully, Laena had managed to claim Vhagar the same night and the good news was enough to save them from trouble.

Naelys nudged him gently with her elbow. "They won't. Because they think we are allowed to fly tonight" she smirked as her two cousins looked at her impressed.

Laenor was more shocked, hearing just how much more mischievous and sneaky she had become. Using lies and her authority, going as far as to bribe servants so she can do her things...she had come a long way from the innocent little girl that spoke to Dragons.

Laena, on the other hand, could not help but giggle with excitement and give a side hug to her favourite cousin. She always knew that Naelys could do so much more and seeing her being all sneaky and smart made her happy.

With their dragons ready, each one of them went to their respective beasts. Seasmoke was the smallest of the three dragons when it came both in size and age but was quite fast. Vhagar was the most quiet one, being used to Dragon Keepers over the prolonged years of her life.

Nissera on the other hand, kept her wild side and made sure to snap her jaws at any Dragon Keeper that tried to approach her. She refused any saddle or to be led around, making sure to breathe fire at anyone trying to lead her. She was smart, she could do it on her own and sometimes Naelys believed that she acted like that on purpose; enjoying terrifying the Dragon Keepers.

Once they were all ready, the three dragons took flight one after the other. It did not take long to leave the Dragon Pits behind and end up high in the night sky.

The sight was beautiful, the full moon watching them above as it shone its bright white light on them; like the Gods giving their blessing to them. A small wind only existed, relatively warm that did not freeze them despite the late hour or the altitude.

Not a single sound could be heard, other than the occasional night birds and crickets. Flying closer to the sea, the sound of peaceful waves crashing against the shore and the rocks joined the choir.