Summer dress

so who's going to be their escorts? I don't need one, I already have one. who? I like your hair, it's so beautiful. you're not getting out of it that easily. it's a friend I met through Jere. who? I like girls. I said anything to get out of that awkward situation. oh. uhh. I like girls too, Jere said trying to help. how did you come to this point? I met a girl, Olivia, but I've always felt this way, since like 5th grade. oh. are you a lesbian? no. how about we go dress shopping? congrats Delia. thank you.

I come out in a white dress. ohh, deli, you're perfect, Susannah said to me, I could've sworn it made my heart smile, it was the first time someone had ever said that to me. I am a sensitive person, so my eyes started to water. my mom and Susannah hug me. It was one of the few very best moments of my life. I think this is the one. me too. me three. me four. after shopping we decided to get something to eat. I went into a Starbucks for a caramel frappe, where I bumped into Noah. hi. hi, nice to see you again. what are doing here? this may sound really basic, but I was craving a caramel frappe. good choice. thanks. so, our talk got cut short last night, and I was hoping to get your number. that means. yeah. I put my number in his phone and started talking with him about the things we didn't get to last night. sadly my mom came in. oh, there you are Delia, come on. ok. who's this? no one. I'm Noah. we're about to go. introduce me to your friend. this is my mom, Laurel Conklin, an author who has a good amount of books published, she's 34, totally clueless when it comes to technology and she's single. the last part wasn't needed. sorry, mom this is Noah 16, 2 sisters 1 brother, he's a junior, his birthday is August 6th and he likes to surf. I've heard of you, my mom reads your books all the time, she would love an autograph. oh, yes, I need pen. Delia I need pen. left pocket. right, she signs a napkin and we leave.

is that the boy who's escorting you? yes. he seems nice. thanks. so we have to drop you guys off at the country club. ok. I put in my headphones and blast music in my ears. It had to be one of my favorite things to do ever. Windows down, wind in my hair, sun in my face with my favorite songs blaring like an alarm. Car rides with music, one of my escapes from this world. I walk in and see almost evey table full, except for one with a seat right next to Olivia with her jacket over it. I wave and smile and she motions me to come sit with her. I do and say hi. She introduces me to the girls at her table, 3 of which I already know. Hi. Hi, they all say. This is my new friend, Cordelia. You guys can just call me Delia. I see a girl look belly up and down so I ask her if she's alright. She says she is so I rest my mind but keep my eye on her. The tea was over so I went home.

Noah texted me asking if I wanted to hang out later. I replied yes and he told me to be ready by 7. Jere, you say. Pick a number one through 5. 3, why? I needed an outfit. I thought you had your dress since yesterday. I'm not going to the book signing anymore, I'm going out with a friend. What friend? Can't talk, gotta get ready.

 I'll see all of you later, love you? Woah where are you going? Out with a friend

I'll see all of you later, love you? Woah where are you going? Out with a friend. My mom has my location. Who? Noah. A boy? Did you her permission from mom? Yes, I did, so I will see you guys later.

  So where are we going? There's this really cool place where there's games and pool and food. You had me at cool.

  I was setting up pool while Noah went to get drinks, when a guy came up to me. What are you doing here all alone. I'm not alone. Noah comes back and sets the drinks down. You're turning me down for that puny little thing? Noah, I think we should go. Ok. The man grabs my shoulder. I turn around and grab then punch him. Fuck, I groan in pain. I'm 16 perv.

  Noah can you just drop me off at my mom's book signing party? Of course. He pulls up and I say this is me. Good night Delia. You kiss him. It was a small soft peck. It didn't last long but it lingered on my skin. Good night Noah, you smile and walk inside. Mommy, I said dramatically. Yes, my child. I need ice. I have told you time and time again, ice messes up your teeth. It's not for eating it's for my hand. What did you do? There was a creep at place I went to for the date and he grabbed me. Jeremiah? Yes laurel? Would mind getting Delia some ice. Of course not but she might melt it with how hot she is. I laugh then sit down with Conrad and Steven. You're back early. Yeah, some creep ruined it but nevertheless I had fun. Some creep? Yeah. Jeremiah hands me the ice then sits next to me. I out the ice on and wince. You ok? Did you know punching someone hurts? That's because you're weak, Steven says. Yet I can still kick your ass. You're just lucky I don't hit girls. You put me in a headlock because I called you slow. You almost broke my nose because I paused your music. Basically what I'm hearing is we're both at fault, and that we should move past it as a family. All of us laughed and then I got call from Noah. One second. Is that Belly, my mom asks. No, it's the guy you met the other day. Oh tell him I said. My mom says hi. Tell her I said hello. He says hi too. Just give me a quick second. I walk outside and say we can talk now.

So what's up? I just wanted to apologize earlier, and also say I'm a huge coward for not sticking up for you. I didn't want you to Noah, I just wanted to get away from him. I was wondering, we're already dressed and we weren't out that long. If you're asking if I wanna continue you the date my answer is yes. He hangs up and a few seconds later he pulls back up. Good, because it would've been very embarrassing if I had to drive off again. I laugh and say goodbye to family yet again.

We went to the beach and we talked and it was nice. Great even. I was really starting to like him and dislike myself for taking him to get over Olivia. Olivia, and her perfect smile. Olivia was just perfect, I thought. But I snapped out of it once I felt Noah kiss me again. I smile and so does he. I was thinking, since you're my escort you may as well see me in my dress and get used to it. So I don't faint from how gorgeous you are? Exactly. Ok. But first, I add. I wanna take a few pictures of the sunset. Be my guest. Just so you know, I've never kissed anyone before so yeah. That's it. He laughs. It's not funny. I'm not laughing at you, I'm laughing because oddly enough you were my first kiss too. Oh, I reply back. I get a call from Belly and cut the night short. Not before apologizing profusely you go inside and walk into Belly's room

  What's wrong? The boys crashed my date. They did? Yeah and they almost ruined it. Sounds to me you need a night swim. I have to really love you to offer you my space, my peace of mind, I thought. I meant it too. It was around 2 ish when I woke up belly and told her to get ready.

  We talked for about an hour about everything. It was something we did randomly and scarcely but when it happened it was cool. I loved quality time with my sister, I loved my sister. My family in general. Belly was Belly.

I stayed back a few more hours until I was just on the edge of being a prune, then I showered and went to sleep.