Chapter 16

_ . _

Chapter 16

The lively harp music played by the priestesses and the dancing women at the pillar of the throne while the delicacies are served on the marble table. The banquet at the castle of Olympus was spectacular and extravagant. However, the twelve gods knew the purpose of this banquet, especially when they invited Athena's son, Erichthonius.

"Hephaestus is not present this time," one of the goddesses said to her companion.

"I wonder why..." The other goddess replied. "Maybe it's because he heard Athena's not coming?"

"Well, you're right," the other replied.

They watched as Erichthonius and Samael bowed to Zeus and Hera. Zeus gave him a genuine smile as he spoke to Erichthonius: "You've become splendid as you've grown."

"I'm flattered, Your Eminence," Erichthonius responded.

Zeus then looked at Samael. He gazed into his golden eyes for a long time before he smiled and spoke. "I see. Poseidon raised you well. You were still so small when he showed you to Olympus."

Samael smiled. "I'm still living up to my father's expectations, Your Eminence."

Zeus laughed, "Very well, you two can enjoy this banquet to your heart's content. I welcome you to Olympus."

As the two bowed, the banquet officially started. The music became livelier, and some gods started to indulge themselves in the music and the liquor. Samael stared at the people at the banquet. Looking at them closely, it seems like he didn't even belong in this place. However, he already took the first step; it's now too late to turn back. He can only see how it goes.

Samael sighed. I feel stuffy. I'll get some fresh air first... He was about to walk out of the banquet when someone grabbed his hand, which made Samael halt. When he turned to that person, he was surprised to see Erichthonius looking at him as if he didn't want him to leave.

"Where are you going?" Erichthonius asked.

Samael chuckled. "I'm not going anywhere. I'll just go out and get some fresh air."

Erichthonius held his hand and leaned closer as he replied, "I'll come with you."

"No, I can do it," Samael replied as he shook his head. "You're Athena's son. You need to talk with the people first before retreating from the banquet."

"But you---"

Samael placed his index finger on the young king's mouth to cut him off. Erichthonius stared at him as he leaned closer and whispered, "You don't have to feel bad. This is for you and me. Got it?"

The young kung stared at him for a while before he nodded in response. Samael gave him a smile and stepped back as he waved goodbye. "Come to me after you're done, my husband."

"......."

The music switched from lively to classical. The gods, who were indulging in the fun, started greeting each other and conversing about their personal lives. Euadne and Eirene were laughing at each other near the table of delicacies. "You wouldn't believe it, sister! That human even offered a rare silver pearl for me."

Eirene giggled. "Then where is that jewel? I want to see."

Euadne shook her head. "You can't see it! We made a promise, remember? Only my mother can see my gifts."