<20>

Most women desire someone who makes them laugh and also feel safe. So basically a clown ninja.

Hot searing pain burned my shoulder

My throat croaked out a whimper which could have been a scream if I had not tried to suppress it.

The arrow meant for Aza's heart had embedded into my shoulder because of my short height. Blood immediately started to trickle down my shoulder and my knees buckled.

Aza seemed to jump in action, throwing something at the attacker, taking away his balance and letting him bleed to his death.

My mind was fuzzy, my eyes burned with tears and my heart lurched.

I want to vomit! The pain - I can't -

"Hamza! Stand up! It is just an arrow." Aza grabbed my other arm and pulled me up to my feet but my head rolled and I almost lost my balance again if it was not for Aza holding me upright by my arm.

Get a hold of yourself!

Squeezing my eyes, I open them again, trying to clear my vision.

"Do not lose yourself here Hamza! Your loyal subjects might notice." My eyes moved to Aza who seemed to frantically look from side to side.

My shoulder was feeling numb and the throbbing of my head seemed to fade. My body which was already aching before because of the extreme abuse of strength had made my shoulder injury just another part of it.

Now it felt like as if my whole body was one big shoulder stabbed with an arrow, every place seemed to hurt the same.

Freeing my arm from Aza, I took a step back. Aza gave me a once over, making sure that I wouldn't fall again.

Aza raised his eyebrow and I nodded, and then he left, ruthlessly slashing any enemy that came in front of him.

Aza was a skilled warrior, smoothly maneuvering the two swords as if it were just another day of me washing dishes.

He made it look that simple.

Now . . . What does it? I can not do anything that would put my life in danger, I have to move smartly. Judging myself, I doubt I will be able to take another strike from any man here.

I was still contemplating of what I should do when a cheer was said out aloud, "They are retreating!"

::