12. Anna

This shouldn't be happening!!

Amyra tried to stop this intense meet of their lips..but couldn't.

Ayaan gave a slight pause and drifted his lips little apart.
They looked at each others eyes, he again was about to continue the kiss...but now Amyra stepped back.

Ayaan cleared his throat "That was..I.."

"This shouldn't be repeated again!" Amyra spoke in coldly.

She pushed Ayaan away and left the room.

......

Next day...

"Dr. Rahul you have a new appointment" the nurse said.

A young tall girl in her late 20s entered inside and handed a paper to Rahul.

He looked into the paper, folded it.
"So, you are Ms.Anna. Chief has talked me regarding your case" he returned the paper to her and continued " Please have a seat. I have studied your case and I think let's begin with the treatment by your history"

Anna raised her eyebrows while listening to his words. "I think that isn't necessary" she said.

"It's important because the file says that you have bruises and have burnt marks in your body.
We must be sure about the cause, so that the symptomatic treatment can be done accordingly" Rahul replied.

"As you said now, you have my file. Isn't it sufficient to analyze my condition" Anna was being irritated now.

"I understand that you have a high profile.
But there shouldn't be any secrets between a doctor and a patient. Hope you can understand that" Rahul tried to convince her.

"Okay...I cannot provide all the information in detail. Only the superficial data can be revealed to you. That won't be any problem I guess"

"Yeah...that would be good. Tell me at what time I should give you the treatment appointments?" Rahul asked.

"What about the night hours? I prefer to work at night most of the time " Anna said.

"Night you say!! I don't usually have appointments at that hour. But as per your convenience I can extend my hours" Rahul remembered the words of Dr. Vaibhav, where he advised him to handle the case very sensitively.

" Anything else you have to say Doctor?" Anna asked.

"Nothing more. You can start visiting the hospital from tomorrow night. Just give me a call before you come. I'll make adjustments in my schedule. Here..this is my card" he handed the card to Anna. She stood up from the chair and took the card.

"Hope we can cope up with each other " Rahul said witha smile.
Anna just looked at him and left the room.

That was rude..! But it suits her.

......

Ayaan looked at Amyra during his work. He was constantly looking at her. But Amyra didn't even gave him a shot. She kept herself busy in the work. Ayaan felt a little offended about his action in the previous night.

Was it only me who couldn't control the tension or did she felt it too??!
If she had no interest in me then why didn't she push me at the beginning of the kiss?!

.......

In the cafeteria,

"Heard you got a new work schedule" Samarth asked Rahul.

"Yeah man!! It's a night duty. From tomorrow night I won't be partying with the girls in pub. Instead I'll be handling a hot tempered one" Rahul's words were so dull showing the mood in his face.

"That must definitely happen to you. Because, until today you haven't met such type of girl" Maya laughed.

"You don't even start. Same applies to your relationship with that Officer Ajay. You seemed to be interested in him at the beginning but since yesterday you are pissed off after meeting him in the Camp" Rahul said.

"Hey, Ayaan. Where have you been lost man? You are little on and off lately. Is something bothering you?" Samarth asked.

Ayaan who was lost in thoughts about Amyra suddenly came into reality and said " It's nothing..you guys just carry on.."

"Hey Amyra, come and have a seat here." Samarth waved at her.
Amyra without any option sat among them.

"Tell me honestly Amyra..don't you think Ayaan is acting little weird today?" Samarth asked her.
Amyra was hesitant to speak, "I don't think so.."

"Gosh!! You both are acting differently. Did something happen between you too..??" Maya asked.
"It's never a truce between me and Dr. Ayaan" Amyra said.

What did she said just now? Ayaan thought.

"What do you mean by that? It's you who is difficult to handle. I treat everyone the same. You cannot behave properly when you are around with people " Ayaan's voice was increasing a little higher as he spoke.

"Look who's taking..tell me then, was it my fault. Do you take the responsibility for your actions?" Amyra was now uncontrollable.
Both of them started arguing with each other.

"Guys!! You are making a scene here.." Maya said.

Both looked around the cafeteria. Everyone where looking at them.
They lowered their voice and remained silent.

Rahul in a low voice leaned towards the table and asked "So..tell me what happened last night??"

Ayaan and Amyra looked each other's face and they continued to eat. Rahul learned to Ayaan's shoulder "Come on.." he said.

"It doesn't matter anymore. You have your food " Ayaan said arrogantly.

Maya said to Amyra "If the matter is so serious then just leave it in the past. Don't hold it anymore"
Amyra smiled at Maya and said "Don't worry. I can handle it myself "
Amyra has kept her phone on the table which now buzzed with the call.

Samarth peeked into the phone. It was Jason. Amyra took the call and answered "Yeah..it's true. Um.." She looked around the people in the table who were looking at her. "No worries. I'll be there for you" Amyra answered and ended the call.

"Jason is still in touch with you?" Samarth asked.

"Yes..he is..I have some work to finish. I'll take my leave" Amyra went out from the cafeteria.

.......

At the night when the shift was about to end, Amyra went inside the cabin to sign her leave.

Suddenly she was pulled by Ayaan and she was standing in front of his desk.

"Sir..I.." Amyra's voice lowered.
Ayaan spoke "I am sorry if my actions have hurt you. I couldn't control myself last night. I have never felt this type of feeling towards anyone until you entered to my life" his eyes were into Amyra's.

She could see the affection in his eyes.

"I can't imagine seeing you with other men. I don't know if it's jealously or what...I know that I don't open up with people easily. But I want you to be with me whenever and wherever I go. Tell me whether you feel the same towards me ?" Ayaan asked her.

"Sir..yesterday's moment happened just because you couldn't control yourself. I think it's inappropriate to have a relationship between me and you. It's better for us to stay away from each other. You don't deserve someone like me.." Amyra said controlling her tears.

The room was dark ..only the study lamp was lit in his desk.

The moment was intense now.

Ayaan took his lips almost near her cheeks and said " that's not the answer Amyra. Just say yes or no!!"

He was eager.

"Am sorry sir. This isn't the right time for me to begin a love life. Please forgive me" She gently pushed him back and left the room hurriedly.

Ayaan was broken. He sat in his chair and tears fell from his eyes.