16. Distraction

At the RAW OFFICE,

Anna walked inside with anger and called " What's going on with the investigation huh? Is there any bit of improvement on the case?! I need answers!!"

"Why are you acting bossy Anna?" Virat asked.

" Aren't you supposed to be in hospital? What are you doing here?" Edward asked sipping his coffee.

"Let the treatment go to hell!! Someone is targeting Amyra! She needs to be protected " Anna said in worry.

"What did you say just now!!" Ajay was anxious.

Anna sat in the chair and talked " I only got the superficial information that someone faked her signature and caused a huge issue in the hospital " Anna explained the whole situation.

"Call Amyra to come here immediately!!" Ajay ordered Simran.

.....

"Tell me Amyra what exactly happened!" Simran asked Amyra who was wiping her tears.

"There was this boy Sam, who had been admitted to hospital for otitis media treatment and I was the duty doctor who enrolled him. Recently their parents asked me for his discharge. I told them strictly not to do such actions and advised them to meet Dr.Ayaan. I don't know what happened next..." Amyra cried.

" I guess it's better if you hangout with us from now onwards. I mean you have a week of suspension right?!" Gabriel questioned.

"I agree with Gabe.." Edward joined.
"Yeah..me too" Virat also added.

Simran patted Ajay's back and said " Don't worry I'll accompany her"

" And you Anna...you are also under supervision" Ajay said pointing Anna.

"What..!!?" Anna was quite in a shock.

"I have noticed you sneaking out of the building late nights. Amyra told me that you recently encountered a stab in your body. What's the issue?! Speak Anna " Ajay ordered her.

"Well...I was on a hunch..and I got the prey.." Word's of Anna wasn't conveyed to all. All their faces showed the confusion state.

"Come..follow me..I'll show you something" Everyone followed Anna down the hallway. She took all to the old storage room and opened the door. Everyone were astonished when they entered inside the room.

"Impressive detective!!" Gabriel appreciated.
Their faces showed a sign of fulfillment, happiness, a sense of achievement.

.............

The Hospital had became a chaos by the people. All the department was busy handling their patients.

At the night hours Anna was visiting the hospital regularly for her treatment. During her visit she carried the same notepad which Amyra had scribbled at the terrace.

Anna checked the places when she was in and around the hospital. In the middle of all these, Dr.Vaibhav was having a headache dealing with the sue of the parents on the hospital.

..........

At Ayaan's house,

"Don't know what mistake Amyra has done...all the records are pointing at her" Vaibhav in sorrow said to Akshara.

"Didn't you ask the police to check on the records of the patients family? I mean..there must be a mislead by the patient right!?" Akshara asked handing him apple.

"I have asked help from Officer Bharat to look into the matter. Currently I told Ayaan to suspend Amyra for a week" Vaibhav said.

"How's Ayaan holding the matter?" Akshara questioned.

"He is pretending as if nothing has happened but...I guess Amyra's absence is quite disturbing him" Vaibhav smiles.

"What was that?!" Akshara was curious.

"What?" he asked. " That smile on your face. Does Ayaan like her ?" Akshara questioned back.

"As far my guess, there's nothing going on between them. But from my sources, I got to know that our boy has fallen in love..." Vaibhav's words made Akshara much more joyful.

"If that's the case..then am relieved. Call the kids for dinner. I'll arrange the plates" Akshara went near the cupboard and took the plates, started filling the dinning table with the dishes.

.......

The next day at the hospital cafeteria,

" The atmosphere looks quite dull without Amyra!"Samarth said in low tone.

" Since when did you liked hanging around with Amyra? You barely hang with her.." Maya talked.

Meanwhile Rahul came and sat in the table having a bottle of yogurt in his hands.

"Boy!! You look horrible" Ayaan mocks.

"You even got dark circles!" Maya kept her fingers on Rahul's cheeks.

"Umm..am having less sleep in these days" Rahul tilted his head back .

"Probably that young lady is making you to wake up...all...night..long " Samarth laughs.

"Nope, she actually doesn't make me tired. To be frank..it's nice to be around her" Rahul face had a glow when he was speaking.

Ayaan clears his throat and asks "Hey, do that patient and Amyra know each other?"

"I don't think so.. Anna never mentioned anything other than her job" Rahul said talking the bite of salad from Samarth's plate.

"Why do you ask ?" Maya questioned.

" I have seen Amyra driving the car with her once. So I thought..they might be friends" Ayaan's voice was dull whenever he mentioned Amyra's name.

" How's your dad handling the matter? It's been rough on the hospital these days" Samarth says.

" He said that he has asked help from external sources to dig the case" Ayaan replied.

" Anyway one week is about to finish and Amyra will be returning back. I am so excited to be with her" Maya said in excitement.

But Ayaan wasn't excited like her.

Words of Amyra not showing her face to him forever kept his mind distracted.

However he just smiled and ate his lunch.

..........

In the RAW OFFICE,

Amyra was looking into the list of numbers which Simran asked her to disintegrate from the unknown caller ID. But Amyra was also distracted as she missed the presence of Ayaan around her.

"If you see a number starting from 2793..tell me immediately..hey Amyra!..where have been lost?" Simran waves her hand in front of Amyra's face.

"Umm..I..can you repeat the words?" Amyra requested.

"You seriously need a break" Simran said and continued " Come on!! Let's go out for a walk"

"Right now? Brother will scold us" Amyra was nervous.

Simran took her jacket from the table and replied " Nah..sometimes fresh air and food will clear your mind. Keep this sheets aside..come..let's go" Simran pushed Amyra's back and took her out into the streets.