Chapter 46

Y/n pov

After everyone left, I was sitting in the living room watching TV when I heard the door open. I saw it was Stuart and Sydney with groceries, I walked over to them happily.

"Hey you two, welcome home"

"Hi love, sorry if we were gone so long"

"No worries, but we got the twins room ready, you'll have to go see it" I suggested in excitement.

"I can't wait to see it love"

When we got the groceries put away, I was looking at the stuffed animals that Sydney picked out for her brother and sister, they were all so cute.

"Awww Sydney, you picked out good ones"

But instead of answering like always, she was silent which confused me. I looked at her and saw that she was deep in thought, seeing that made me worry.

"Sydney, is something wrong?"

She jumped and looked at me.

"Oh sorry mommy, what did you say?"

"I said that you picked out good stuffed animals for your siblings, and I see that daddy got you something to, how adorable" I smiled.

"Oh...yeah"

Her not acting like herself is worrying me, did something happen while she and Stuart were out?

"Sweetie, you okay?"

"Yeah"

"You don't sound like yourself, are you sure?" I ask worryingly.

"Yes" Sydney nodded.

I decided to not keep asking since it looked like she didn't want to tell me, but I decided to ask Stuart.

"Hey babe, can we talk in the kitchen?"

"Sure love"

We walked in the kitchen.

"Is Sydney okay?"

"Why do you ask?" Stuart asks in confusion.

"She looks like she's in deep thought, I've never seen her act like this, did something happen while you two were out?"

~~~~

Stuart pov

I didn't want Y/n to know about my encounter with Paula so I decided to keep quiet about it.

"No love, maybe she's tired or something" I guessed.

I hated to lie, but I did not wanna lose my girl.

"Are you sure nothing happened?" Y/n asked again.

"Yes, I promise" I lied again, I hate to but I didn't want her to worry since stress isn't good for her and the babies.

"Well...okay, if you say so but know you can talk to me"

"I know love, don't worry" I kissed her on the cheek.

~~~~

Narrator pov

Evening came and Stuart was taking a shower and Y/n was tucking Sydney in. But drama  was about to start.

~~~~

Y/n pov

"You all ready to go to sleep baby girl?"

"Yeah"

"Honey, are you sure you're okay, you can talk to me you know"

"I know mommy, but I'm scared to tell you" Sydney frowned.

I was confused at what she just said, but placed my hand on hers with a gentle loving smile.

"Sydney, you don't have to be afraid of telling me anything, so tell me what's bothering you"

"I'm scared if I tell you that daddy will get mad"

I was more confused.

"Why would he get mad, does it have something to do with him?"

"...Yes" Sydney hesitated to answer.

"What did he do?"

"Well um...he..."

"He what?"

"He...he...kissed a scary lady"

My eyes widen at what she just said, when she said scary lady, she must mean...Paula.

"Daddy was...kissing another woman who wasn't me?" I ask in a gentle serious tone.

"...Yes" Sydney slowly nodded.

I thought about it and realized that Stuart lied to me about something not happening while they were out. It made the feeling of anger grow inside but I held it in so I didn't let it out in front of Sydney.

"I'm glad you told me sweetie, I'm gonna talk to him about it"

"Are you gonna leave him?" Sydney asks in a horror tone.

"No sweetie, I'm just gonna confront him for lying to me he knows that lying is wrong"

"Okay"

"Get some sleep, I love you Sydney"

"I love you too mommy, goodnight"

After giving her a kiss, I quietly closed the door and headed to the bathroom with a huge glare on my face.

"He's so in for it" I thought in anger.

~~~~

Stuart pov

I got out of the shower and was ready to head to bed when I saw Y/n standing in the room with a huge glare on her face and her hands on her hips.

"Love, what's wrong?"

"Why did you kiss Paula while you were out?"

My eyes widen when that question came out of her mouth.

"Uh oh"