tell me how

"Keep me up with your silence.
Take me down with your quiet.
Of all the weapons you fight with,
Your silence is the most violent.
Tell me how to feel about you now."
paramore

"You haven't talked to me in days, for Gods sake!" Taylor shouted, staring at the back of Hayleys head.

"Well, maybe I don't want to talk to you."

Taylor shook his head, lowering his body until it collided with the couch. His eyes were itching with held back tears, so he covered his face with his hands and breathed out heavily.

"I'm sad, Hayley." He whispered, not sure whether she had already left the room or not. "I'm so sad."

For a few seconds, all Taylor heard was the ticking of the clock. He carefully peaked out from behind his hands.

She was still there. She hadn't even taken one step. Only one more and she would've been out of the living room, leaving him behind. But she hadn't.

He threw his eyes down again, nervously rubbing his hands together.

"Every night I go to sleep without you and every morning I wake up to an empty bed. I barely sleep," he admits, tilting his head up to look at his fiance, "Because throughout the night I keep waiting for you. Which is ridiculous because you never come."

He pauses, waiting to see if she'd react, but when she doesn't he continues on, "And I don't even dare to touch you anymore, let alone kiss you or hold you. Hell, I barely feel like I can even pass by you too closely in the kitchen."

Seconds pass without her saying anything, without even twitching. With every second that passed, Taylors heart broke a little more.

"I bet your life would be way easier if I just wasn't a part of it anymore, right?"

Taylors head instantly snaps towards her again. He'd been hoping for a more caring reaction, but apparently had chosen the wrong time to open up about his feelings. But he just couldn't do it anymore. He had no energy left. He was just completely exhausted.

"Don't be ridiculous, please." He mumbles under his breath, watching her turn around. He felt overwhelmed by her gaze, it was as if he hadn't looked at him, like really looked at him in so long.

"Ridiculous?" She huffed, raising her eyebrows up.

"Yes, Hayley! Ridiculous!" He replied, his voice raising in desperation as he took a few steps closer to her. "Who are you right now?"

She stayed silent, so he took another step, ending up right in front of her.

"You're right, my life would be so much easier without the person standing in front of me right now," he told her, trying to keep his cool, "But this is not you! This isn't the woman I fell in love with."

Without even realizing, he had placed his hands on her biceps, trying to get through to her.

"You're my best friend, my fiance. You're gonna be my wife. I can't live without you, Hayley." He sighed, shaking his head, "My lovely, beautiful, funny fiance. But where is she?"

Hayley stayed silent for a moment, seeming conflicted. As if she was considering whether she should wrap her arms around him again or turn mad and run away. But with a sudden switch in her eyes, Taylor knew she had decided.

"Maybe she's gone." She replied, her words choppy. "I'm Hayley. I'm your fiance. And I'm clearly becoming a burden to you."

Anger.