be alone

"You should be alone,
Yeah, you should be alone.
You should be alone with me.
We could be alone,
Yeah, we could be alone,
But never get too lonely."
paramore

Taylor's lips softly brushed over Hayley, for another quick kiss.

She stroked her thumb over his cheek, kissing him again, a little bit harder.

Then, just as quick as she'd leaned in, she pulled back a few inches, and for the first time in a quiet Taylor saw a spark in her eye, combined with a shy, but genuine smile. He grinned in response, moving his hands higher up her back, and just like that, she leaned closer, kissing him roughly.

Taylor instinctively returned the passionate kiss, letting his fingers slip up the back of her shirt, his fingertips brushing the skin above her shorts while she started to unbutton his shirt. Without another thought, her hands were pushing the shirt off his shoulder.

She pulled back again, her eyes locking on Taylors, who instantly freezed. Because of the sudden hesitation, he was afraid she might change her mind again, might leave and block him back out.

"You okay?" He asked, his voice quieter than expected while a small smile formed on her lips.

She nodded, still close enough he could feel her breathing against his lips, "Yes."

Taylor bumped her nose with his, a small smile on his lips while he ran his hands up her bare, cold back.

"What?" She asked, noticing the hesitation in his movements.

"You're cold," Taylor grinned, earning a bit of a laugh from Hayley who just leaned in to connect their lips again.

He wasn't sure how far they were going to take things until he felt her hands on his belt, taking it off with shaky hands. Then, she leaned back a moment, taking off her own shirt. Taylor thought he could probably die right there, at that moment.

She seemed shy under his gaze, and he absolutely hated it. They weren't like this. She wasn't like this.

"You're so beautiful, Hayley," Taylor told her softly, bringing a hand up to the back of her head before bringing his lips to her neck, "Absolutely perfect." He whispered against the skin there.

They took their time being together again, but before they knew it, Hayleys fingers were softly tracing up and down his bare chest, her chin resting on his beating heart. They hadn't said a single word in 30 minutes, maybe, instead just laying in eachothers arms.

When Taylor brings his hand to lay flat against her lower back, she smiles for a moment, doesn't let it reach her eyes before she's frowning. Taylor had learned his lesson though, it wasn't up to him on if she wasn't going to share her feelings. He didn't get to push her into telling him what's going on in her mind.

If she wants to talk, she'll do it herself. It was her who opened up to him today, anyway.

His patience paid off, as after another few minutes of complete silence, Hayley cleared her throat, tilting her head up slightly to look at him.

"So you left." She whispered, her voice small.

Taylor nodded, waited a few seconds before speaking, "I know I promised not to but-"

"I made you," she cut him off. She lightly pushed away from him, instead resting her elbow on the ground to look at him. "I made you leave."

Taylor swallowed, shaking his head, "You needed some space. I did too."