pure love

"I give a little,
You give a little,
We get a little sentimental."
hayley williams

She almost convinces him to elope.

Zac is supportive of the idea, claiming as long as he gets to be one of the witnesses and either his best man or her maid of honor, he'd be happy.

Instead, they decide on a sunny day in spring, telling only their closest family and friends. Zac, at Hayleys request goes through the annoying process of becoming a legal officiant. She thinks it's more than fitting seeing as Zac was like an extra limb to them. A part of their relationship in his own, weird way, that many people didn't seem to understand.

He was their best friend, and Taylor was quick to agree.

Zac, along with some of their other friends, kidnap Taylor the night before and drag him around town. Hayley's sisters and friends are quick to drag her in the other direction, having planned out a typical girls night. They fill her ears with stories about how it's bad luck to see him before the wedding.

Really, Hayley and Taylor want nothing more than to be with each other, but play along with their demands, waiting until everyone is asleep before calling each other. When Hayley reminds him this time tomorrow they'll be married, Taylor quickly falls into theories about the rest of their nights after that.

The things they'd do together, the places they'd see.

He goes into detail about their future white picket fence in the suburbs, two kids, with Hayleys eyes and Taylors hair.

She falls asleep to the sound of his breathing through the phone.

In the morning, they don't put on fancy dresses and drive to the church. Instead, they have it at their own house, in their backyard. They dress more casually, there are sundresses and linen pants, the only one wearing a bowtie being Alf, who Hayley insists must attend. Of course, Taylor agrees.

Both of them wanted it to feel more like an intimate family gathering anyway.

Hayley opts for a tasteful white satin dress that brushes her ankles, the dress feeling light as it clings to her, held up by spaghetti straps. The back is open, and it looks more like a dress for brunch than a wedding.

She's got all the things. Something borrowed being one of her bridesmaids thin gold chain necklace. Something blue, the tiny, delicate flowers throughout her simple bouquet. Something new, the gold bracelet Taylor had gotten her just for the occasion. Then, something old, a guitar pick of Taylors, one of the ones he keeps because he's secretly sentimental. The same pick he'd used during their first performance together.

She keeps that one tucked in her dress, right above her heart.

Taylor trades his dark clothes for a lighter, blue cotton button down, and light pants to accompany them.

There's not really a set time for the ceremony, just a vague guess for whenever everyone will get there.

Brian does her makeup and hair, tells her how proud he is of her, of them.

Hayley and the girls (+Brain) arrive before the boys, and if she's honest, she quickly grows impatient. Almost everyone was there at that point, sipping champagne and talking amongst themselves in the backyard, the kitchen, the living room.

There's couples spread throughout the scene, some married, some not. Hayley pays special attention to the married ones, staring longingly with a soft smile on her face.

The kids of the family are running around the backyard and Hayley softens at the scene, thinking about Taylors words from the night before.

When Taylor and the boys finally do arrive, Brian is quick to try and usher her back up the stairs to her bedroom. However, they make it a second too late and Hayley catches his eye just as she's about to round the corner.