find me here

"You'll find me where I belong,
As long as I'm loving you, you'll never be alone.
As long as you keep wanting me around."
hayley williams

Taylor had always loved the night sky, even as a kid. He remembers looking out his window as a kid, looking up at the stars. Remembers looking out the window of newly sixteen Hayley's car to see them. Remembers admiring them from the tour bus or while performing in an outdoor venue.

A smile appears on his face while he watches the first hint of sun coming up from the skyline. Before he dreamt of being a guitarist, he used to imagine going to space. He's not sure why, because now nothing seems more terrifying than doing just that.

Well, maybe that's not quite right.

Taylor grins, moving his eyes from the plane window to land on Hayleys face. Half her face is covered with a mask as she rests her head against a pillow stuck between her face and the seat.

She seemed so peaceful, but that hadn't always been the case lately.

And that, right there, the woman right in front of him and the feelings he had for her had probably been more terrifying over the last couple months than the idea of stepping on a rocketship.

Now that he thinks of it, going to space probably wouldn't be the worst thing. As long as he had the same view he had now, Hayley by his side. And Alf, of course, who did end up staying with Zac.

They're still here and he feels like they're back to going strong, but he still worries. He worries for what's to come because, God forbid if they ever split, he now knew what it felt like to lose her. Knew how empty he felt without her.

He shakes his head, knows he needs to stop worrying and just let himself start believing again that everything will be alright. He wishes there was a way to just shut off his mind, but instantly regrets that wish as turbulence seemed to answer it.

"Shit," Hayley mumbles as the pillow falls, causing her to hit her head against the wall. Taylor can't help but to laugh as she looked over at him.

She grins back beneath the mask, picking up the pillow and throwing it his way. Her hair was a mess from laying against the pillow, but he still couldn't believe just how perfect she looked.

"You aren't sleepy?" She asks after taking a good look at him, noticing he was still wide awake.

"I am, actually." Taylor tells her, shrugging.

"What's on your mind?" She asks gently, and Taylor thinks the right question would be what isn't on your mind?

"The stars, mostly." He says simply because he knows it'll get her to smile, and he was right. Her eyes crinkle up as a tiny, yet questionable smile paints her face.

"And you. Us." He adds, and she nods in understanding. For a second she just looks at him with sincere eyes, making him feel immediately understood. Soon, an empathetic smile follows.

"I know," Hayley whispers, almost a sigh. She shifts forward, closer to him as she rests her palm on his thigh. He can feel her thumb stroking over his pants, the effects already calming his mind. "I love you."

Taylor doesn't say anything, knows she doesn't need him to say it back. Instead, he sighs, nodding his head a few times.

"I feel better," she whispers next, "But there's still gonna be days you like me a lot less than you like me now."

A huff escapes his throat with a small smile, "I always like you."

"Yeah, but you shouldn't." She replies, her voice playful, yet sincere. Taylor rolls his eyes, chuckling at the ridiculousness of the statement.