14- All My Love

(Trigger warnings: mention of abuse)

I guess you could say my life was pretty well amazing, despite everything.

My name is Akio Midoriya. I got adopted by my dads, Katsuki and Izuku, when I was three. I'm eighty-two years old as of today, and I'd say that, despite everything, my life was amazing. I expect my passing soon enough, but first, I'd like to recount my life here, in this journal my fathers got me just before everything went downhill. I never wrote in it, and I think it's time.

Why don't we start when I was fourteen years old? That's when things started to change. And I want to tell you all about it.

——

It was my fourteenth birthday. I woke up to the sun shining into my eyes, and I saw the figure of my two fathers standing beside the window. Katsuki had his hand on the left curtain, Izuku on the right, showing that they'd been the ones that had let the sun in.

"Time to wake up, Akio! You're fourteen now!" Katsuki sang, coming over to my side with a bright smile on his face. Izuku followed, and I noticed (with an intense amount of disgust, as a teenager) him slide his arm around Katsuki's waist.

"Right, it's my birthday today!" I said, laughing softly. "I forgot."

"Mmhm!" Katsuki smiled and offered me a hand. My face mirrored his as I grabbed it, and he pulled me up. Izuku ruffled my hair lightly before gently squeezing Katsuki's waist.

"We'd better let him get dressed, c'mon, Suki," my father said with a soft smile down at my other dad. He chuckled as Katsuki pouted slightly, wanting to help me get ready. "He's not a little kid anymore, he can dress himself." Izuku nudged Katsuki, teasing him. The two of them left, bickering. It was loving fighting, though.

After I got dressed, I started towards the door. When I heard their voices, though, I hesitated. There wasn't much my fathers would tell me that was important, and I took any chance to eavesdrop on their important conversations.

I wish I hadn't overheard this one.

"Are you sure you don't need to go back to the hospital, Suki?" Izuku soft voice murmured.

"It's fine... If it gets bad, I'll go. I don't want to have to tell him about it this close to his birthday, though. I don't want to ruin anything," Katsuki replied.

"I just don't want you to get sicker. You know you have to go do something about it. You can die from this, Katsuki, and I can't have you dead, please. You need to tell me if it gets worse," Izuku sounded... scared. I'd never heard either of my dads scared. I didn't like it.

"I'll be fine. I can get surgery, or something else. I won't die if I don't want to, Izuku, you know that." there was an exhausted hint to Katsuki's voice I hadn't noticed before.

Something was clearly up.

"It's lung cancer, Katsuki. You can't just say you aren't going to die, especially when you aren't doing anything about it!" Izuku hissed.

"Stop it. It's Akio's birthday today. Please, just forget about it for one. Day. Please, Izuku..." I felt a sick feeling rising in my stomach. I wanted to throw up.

Lung cancer?!

I wrinkled my nose, determined not to get scared about it. Katsuki had said he'd be fine. He would be fine. I didn't have to worry...

I opened the door and walked out, a smile on my face. It was fake, but I had to smile. I had to smile now. This wasn't going to solve itself with tears.

"What say we go do some fun stuff, huh?" Katsuki suggested, a bright smile lighting up his face. I could see now the bags under his eyes and I could hear the slight rasp in his voice. Izuku's arm was around him again, and it looked like my other father was the only thing keeping Katsuki on his feet.